• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB Nation Bloggers Draft

Still think we should take Cyrus in the first, then come back and grab Cody Latimer in the second and Robert Herron in the 3rd.  Both are excellent receivers.  Just not sold on Lee. 

What is the love affair with Cyrus?  Bad knees and arthritis as well.  Well at least if we draft him I am sure Otah's old bike will still be there for him to use for 4 years.

What is the love affair with Cyrus?  Bad knees and arthritis as well.  Well at least if we draft him I am sure Otah's old bike will still be there for him to use for 4 years.

Not to add any gas to the fire. But, didn't Dr. Andrews say his knee was fine? If so, he could be a cornerstone for some team for a good long while. Still don't want to have to pick him. Would prefer he be gone, so I don't have to worry we take him, and his knees don't hold up.

Eerily familiar to the Star saga of last year. Top talent misdiagnosed at combine, later cleared, falls to us. In years past I'd say, no fugging way. Nowadays, the way things seem to be working in our favor. I say, why not?

Why not get that franchise LT in the 1st? Why not get that #1WR of the future in the 2nd? Why not get 4 starterz or top rotational type kids from this draft? Why not us now? We have a football guy in charge. A talent evaluator to boot. If he can maintain the success he has generated to date? We are in good hands.

The future is bright. And GOOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to add any gas to the fire. But, didn't Dr. Andrews say his knee was fine? If so, he could be a cornerstone for some team for a good long while. Still don't want to have to pick him. Would prefer he be gone, so I don't have to worry we take him, and his knees don't hold up.

Eerily familiar to the Star saga of last year. Top talent misdiagnosed at combine, later cleared, falls to us. In years past I'd say, no fugging way. Nowadays, the way things seem to be working in our favor. I say, why not?

Why not get that franchise LT in the 1st? Why not get that #1WR of the future in the 2nd? Why not get 4 starterz or top rotational type kids from this draft? Why not us now? We have a football guy in charge. A talent evaluator to boot. If he can maintain the success he has generated to date? We are in good hands.

The future is bright. And GOOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about getting a LT in the 1st round.  I just don't think it is a good idea to get Cyrus.

Star was misdiagnosed.  Cyrus has knee issues.  Though the doctor cleared him it doesn't make the knee issue go away.

Cyrus reminds me more of Otah than Gross.

Still think we should take Cyrus in the first, then come back and grab Cody Latimer in the second and Robert Herron in the 3rd.  Both are excellent receivers.  Just not sold on Lee. 

Why Cryrus? The knee surgery this past year is a hugh concern for most teams to even attempt to take him in the first. He just ain't worth drafting the first. No matter how bad we need a tackle to replace Gross. Unless one of the top 3 tackles drop to us. No one after the top 3 is worth a first round pick. WR would be our best bet at 28.

Lee is straight solid in every aspect of the game. Not particularly thrilling or amazing at one particular thing, but he racks up yards and receptions. Reggie Wayne is his NFL ceiling, can't complain about that.

I disagree. Lee has elite vision and elusiveness in the open field, and explosiveness off the LoS. Also think his hands are a whole lot better than most want to give him credit for (see catch vs Colorado), and it was a huge disservice for Rotoworld to publish a piece using 2013 #'s to paint Lee as a prospect. 

I know it's not fair to the kid to hold his alma mater against him, but damn, USC WRs for the past decade or so...

If it's not fair why even mention it?

How do you figure?   If each pick is based off a writer from the area that this team is from.  How can you say it is the worst.  Other than you haven't seen any.  It is probably closer to what is going to happen than any other mock. 

I would like to see us with Lee.

I've seen quite a few actually.  This one is really unrealistic compared to the ones I've seen.  95 percent of them do not have Manziel going in the top 5.  Zero, and I repeat ZERO have Teddy Bridgewater going to the Texans, besides this one.  Much less 3 QB's going in the top 5.  Hell, the Raiders traded for Schaub and seem hell bent on having him as the starter.  This Mock seems more like what the fans want.  Not realistic at all.  To make matters worse, if Lee (a 2nd round pick in a lot of peoples view) is our pick a lot of our fans will be pissed off as well.  Especially another USC WR.  

I've seen quite a few actually.  This one is really unrealistic compared to the ones I've seen.  95 percent of them do not have Manziel going in the top 5.  Zero, and I repeat ZERO have Teddy Bridgewater going to the Texans, besides this one.  Much less 3 QB's going in the top 5.  Hell, the Raiders traded for Schaub and seem hell bent on having him as the starter.  This Mock seems more like what the fans want.  Not realistic at all.  To make matters worse, if Lee (a 2nd round pick in a lot of peoples view) is our pick a lot of our fans will be pissed off as well.  Especially another USC WR.  

Your ignorance is incredibly amusing....

You liking for LA teams is amusing.  Hence the reason why you got mad at my statement.

860%20-%20animated_macro%20autoplay_gif%

I'm not mad. Truly amused by how retarded that argument is, and by the idea that Lee is not worth a late first round selection. 

I'm not mad. Truly amused by how retarded that argument is, and by the idea that Lee is not worth a late first round selection. 

There is a lot of analyst that feel that way as well.  With the draft picks (WR's) from USC that haven't worked out in the favor of Carolina, I would hope you would assume this as well.  Anyway, you go ahead and let your bias cloud your thought process on this.  

Archived