• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 FAs to fix the Hornets

bLACKpANTHER

I dont think either Lance or Hayward is really going to be an option. 

Talked with my friend in Indiana about Lance and they love him. He said they really want him back and trading Danny Granger was really a move motivated by resigning Lance. Turner will be set free after the season.... Just his opinion on the team. 

The one position that an be easily upgraded is the backup PG.  LR is really bad and Kemba has some shitacular nights and also gets dinged up some.  

Hendo's game has dropped off since he got that contract.  I think you can have one of Hendo and MKG on the team, but not both.  

I'm cautiously hoping that Zeller continues to improve and replaces McBob.  McBob is needed for ball movement, but he isn't a great rebounder and occasionally disappears for games.

Hendo holds back the offense bc you dont know what you will get from him.

He has the skills to be a solid shooting guard but he is content to pass the ball and still has not progressed as a good outside threat but has the range.

It just seems like a work ethic thing and he is still too lefty strong which makes him super guardable.

Its sad bc he has elite athletic ability but just seems not to have the Bball IQ you want from a guard. More just a good athlete off the bench...i hate that his second half of last season is his outlier and not what he seemingly was becoming.

Fool us once...

We need more than just a "solid" 3rd option.

I don't care how much you hate Lance or if you can't seem to warm up to him, the guy can play ball. If you want to win, you better pray we grab him for the long run before anyone else.

On another note, I hate mkg as our 3. However, We could deal with a defense only guy at the 3 if we got a potential allstar at 2. It all makes sense, you just have to put aside personal opinion.

As far as money goes, we have plenty. We could sign a max plus more next year. Even if we overpay a great player, we are in position to secure what we have and add better role players.

I believe we find out how much our front office wants to win this offseason. Very important for us.

I disagree with bringing in melo entirely because of age.

I don't just want to win once and go back to below .500 2-3 years later. I want to build a team that forms a reputation of winning so that we are able to be a solid team year in year out.

Players want to win.(most of them)

I think Blatche would be a nice big off the bench for Al. Will probably need a backup pg and while I respect Sessions, My first option would be Devin Harris and then Patty Mills. While those guys are unrestricted, the one restricted that jumps out at me is Chandler Parsons. Chandler would be a fantastic number 3 option for us behind Al and Kemba.

Blatche is one of the guys I'd like to add.

I don't want to give up on Biz because he still has some untapped potential in my opinion, but if our goal is to win now then we need an immediate upgrade at the backup center position.

Biz is only 21 and doesn't have many miles on his body so letting him sit and develop for an extra two years while playing sparingly isn't necessarily a bad thing. A guy like Biz (who doesn't have many miles) could easily play until he's 35.

Personally, I think we should amnesty Haywood and sign Andray Blatche/Jason Smith/Emeka Okafor to back up Al and give us bench production at the five spot.

C: Jefferson, Blatche/Smith/Okafor, Biyombo

Cant amnesty... used it on Tyrus Thomas. Only get 1. Just cut Haywood if we don't want him its only for 2 mill.

Parsons would be a guy I would like, I would take him way before I'd consider Gordon Hayward. 

Not sure on Blatche, like his skills but he is a bit of a headcase Washington begged people to take from them. I would rather look to Ed Davis, Jason Smith, Jordan Hill or Patrick Patterson. Stay with the youth and continue to build. Any of them could have potential to take backup min behind Zeller 2-3 yrs down the road. 

Cant amnesty... used it on Tyrus Thomas. Only get 1. Just cut Haywood if we don't want him its only for 2 mill.

Parsons would be a guy I would like, I would take him way before I'd consider Gordon Hayward.

Not sure on Blatche, like his skills but he is a bit of a headcase Washington begged people to take from them. I would rather look to Ed Davis, Jason Smith, Jordan Hill or Patrick Patterson. Stay with the youth and continue to build. Any of them could have potential to take backup min behind Zeller 2-3 yrs down the road.

Tyrus's contract is up this year I thought, and Blatche has been fine in Brooklyn; no problems whatsoever.

Nvm, clause doesn't reset until 2016.

Parsons over Hayward? Da fug?!? lol

Archived