• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst player to ever lace up in a Panther uniform

Hotsauce

I don't think Jarrett should be in the running. He was a pretty talented player, just too stupid to learn a playbook. On the occasion he actually cracked the line-up, he had good hands and ended up with some catches, even a TD.

If we're gonna pick a WR for the list, it should not be him. I think we all know who it should be. A dude who had less catches in his career here than Jarrett had in his rookie season alone.

Dwayne Jarrett SHOULD be at the top of the list. What a colossal fuging waste of a roster spot. You are right about the dude having talent, but he just didn't seem to give a poo. 2 DWIs compared to 1 touchdown during his time with the Panthers. Wasted talent is a sad and frustrating thing.  

If I'm going to make a list and the criteria is simply the guy sucked ass and I don't take into account off the field stuff, injuries, or what we traded to get him...

Matt Willig, Matt Lyttle, Randy Fasani, Eric Shelton, Armanti Edwards, Nick Hayden, Jimmy Clausen, Nakamura...these are all that come to mind w/o using google or wikipedia

I don't think Jarrett should be in the running. He was a pretty talented player, just too stupid to learn a playbook. On the occasion he actually cracked the line-up, he had good hands and ended up with some catches, even a TD.

If we're gonna pick a WR for the list, it should not be him. I think we all know who it should be. A dude who had less catches in his career here than Jarrett had in his rookie season alone.

Jarrett definitely deserves a spot on this list.  We cut Keshawn right after the draft thinking Jarrett could immediately start, and it took Jarrett THREE ENTIRE SEASONS to catch a TD and he did it the very last game.  He also didn't last a single season in the NFL.

However, I still vote Nakamura, Never Forget Atlanta. 

Jarrett definitely deserves a spot on this list.  We cut Keshawn right after the draft thinking Jarrett could immediately start, and it took Jarrett THREE ENTIRE SEASONS to catch a TD and he did it the very last game.  He also didn't last a single season in the NFL.

However, I still vote Nakamura, Never Forget Atlanta. 

Yes, but he was right that Jarrett at least had some talent. He had potential and I think that's why it took so long for the team to finally move on from him...and I'd have been interested to see how many more years/opportunities he would have still received from us if he not got that 2nd DWI. 

DJ def has a top 5 spot on the Panthers all time bust list, but it looks like he just didn't want to do put in the work and was too busy drinking to care. 

Yes, but he was right that Jarrett at least had some talent. He had potential and I think that's why it took so long for the team to finally move on from him...and I'd have been interested to see how many more years/opportunities he would have still received from us if he not got that 2nd DWI. 

DJ def has a top 5 spot on the Panthers all time bust list, but it looks like he just didn't want to do put in the work and was too busy drinking to care. 

I think that's one of the downfalls of getting a player at Age 19, they just mentally aren't ready, especially coming from that era of USC that was on top of college football and in Los Angeles.  Despite dominating college football, almost non of them made themselves into anything Leinart/Smith/Jarrett are all out donezo, and Reggie Bush took years to become a fraction of what people thought he would be.

Archived