• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smart GMs draft leverage.

In today's league, it's all about passing, and rushing the passer. That makes QB and DE arguably the two most important positions on your team. When one of them plays hardball, you play hardball back.

Ealy could make Hardy expendable. If he doesn't want to sign a reasonable contract next year, fug 'em.

People will point out 2009 when we franchised Peppers and drafted Brown. But drafting Pepper's replacement wasn't the problem, it was that Marty Hurney was terrible at evaluating talent, and even worse when it came to draft day trades.

If this was our first pick, I could understand being upset. But how can you be mad at this in round two with no mortgaging the future? And there are still a couple of decent tackles out there. (Yes I know Morgan Moses was drafted as I am writing this)

In today's league, it's all about passing, and rushing the passer. That makes QB and DE arguably the two most important positions on your team. When one of them plays hardball, you play hardball back.

Ealy could make Hardy expendable. If he doesn't want to sign a reasonable contract next year, fug 'em.

People will point out 2009 when we franchised Peppers and drafted Brown. But drafting Pepper's replacement wasn't the problem, it was that Marty Hurney was terrible at evaluating talent, and even worse when it came to draft day trades.

If this was our first pick, I could understand being upset. But how can you be mad at this in round two with no mortgaging the future? And there are still a couple of decent tackles out there. (Yes I know Morgan Moses was drafted as I am writing this)

Give_that_man_a_cookie.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Half of this board is made up of reasonable, thinking individuals, half are constant complainers that know more than the professionals that run the team and the other half only come here for the Lovely Ladies section.

Oh, and half that end sentences in a preposition.

Half of this board is made up of reasonable, thinking individuals, half are constant complainers that know more than the professionals that run the team and the other half only come here for the Lovely Ladies section.

Oh, and half that end sentences in a preposition.

Half of this board is upset because this offseason is matching the strategy of this Madden franchise league offseason.

After the 1st round, every offensive lineman is at the same level. It is rare for an offensive lineman to play for their respective team for 8+ years. So why reach in the second round if you don't believe the guy will be on the team in 3 years. Lineman are relatively cheap. If the guy pans out cool, you get to pay him cheap for four years, before giving him a 60 million dollar contract. Other than that every solid lineman can be had for 5-7 million a year. How different is Morgan Moses and Tiny Richardson from John Hurst?

COMPARES TO: Robert Quinn, St. Louis Rams - Considering that Quinn finished second in the NFL with 19 sacks in 2013, he's a tough comparison for any rookie but there is no denying Ealy's upside. He boasts the length, burst and developing technique that every scout is looking for off the edge. If he continues to develop his game, Pro Bowls are in his future. --Rob Rang

SO much truth in this post. Bravo OP.

Archived