• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive tackle - Great minds think alike?

SCP

You seem upset people are talking about Cam.  He is our QB, and probably the most popular player on the team.  He's going to be the one talked about the most.

I'm in no way upset. Far from that. I'm more interested in building a team seeing how having a good team helped us get far last season. We can get him all the weapons but if we don't have a team  which helps us win, he'll not even be relevant. Just see the lions, weapons after weapons for Stafford, dude throws for 5,000yds like its childsplay but they don't have a balanced team which makes their franchise sort of a joke.

it is an answer. it's competition and i think those guys could easily have provided solid competition for the OTs we have. i don't have faith in them and i think that we would be helped by competition, esp. competition made available in the draft.

and just because an OT is a veteran doesn't mean he's quality. also, the only guy you could legitimately say was a veteran with starting experience is bell. chandler might be the guy, but its not like he's got morenthan one season of pro level experience at the position.

OT in the 2nd would be a huge reach!!

I understand that it is a weak spot but passing up a legitimate playmaker for a just another LT to compete doesn't make sense to me.

A rookie LT would struggle even he was top tier. If we selected LT in the 2nd the position would still be a question mark

Did you read the OP? DG and Ozzie both stated it wasn't worth it, therefore it was a reach. Just because another team reaches doesn't suddenly make it not a reach.

my bad didn't know you could see the future...............that you would know it was a reach before he played one nfl snap

don't give me that bs year in and out there's a guy teams pass on because "reach" mentality, last year that was Keenan Allen

How?   The Panthers met with Moses...  they did not like him apparently and did not view him as a fit for our team. 

If they felt he was not a fit for our team and would probably contribute less than Ealy.....  then how would taking him solve any problems?

i also said allen robison if they didn't like Moses...........how is taking ealy going to solve any of the offensive problems from last year?

my bad didn't know you could see the future...............that you would know it was a reach before he played one nfl snap

don't give me that bs year in and out there's a guy teams pass on because "reach" mentality, last year that was Keenan Allen

I pointed out that DG thought it was a reach. Not sure why you think that means I can 'see the future.' That was something that happened in the past.

Now, you comparing a pick to Keenan Allen, however shows that you think you can predict the future.

yeah people were generally high on the hurney drafts

he'd probably still be our GM if we had first round picks from 2009 and 2010 on our team right now. maybe we would have been competitive.

Or maybe not since those picks would've been Everette Brown and Jimmy Clausen anyway

Archived