• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy Arrested

No you can't.

There must be contact meaning, spit, throw, push, pull, bump or hit.  The victim does not decide whether the attacker gets arrested, the police must have physical evidence, witness or admission by the attacker.  

So.  Something happened that was physical contact.  That could mean the victim was assaulted or merely bumped into by the attacker.  The law does not distinguish at the time of the attack between the extend of the physical contact.  That will be determined during the sentencing phase.  Fact is, if you are arrested for domestic violence, almost 100% of the time some type of contact occurred and there is either evidence of this contact, witness or admission by the attacker.

I have been out of the US for damn near 10 years now, so I may be unfamiliar with the laws in the Carolinas.

With that said, in some states that is not true. I have watched enough COPS over these years to know and have heard the police say many times that "someone has to take a ride downtown"

In short, if there is a report, regardless of whether they are makrks or bruises, the law in some states say that at least one party must be booked. The officer must decide which based on what he/she hears...but yeah.  Again, Im not sure in NC/SC are one of those.

I have been out of the US for damn near 10 years now, so I may be unfamiliar with the laws in the Carolinas.

With that said, in some states that is not true. I have watched enough COPS over these years to know and have heard the police say many times that "someone has to take a ride downtown"

In short, if there is a report, regardless of whether they are makrks or bruises, the law in some states say that at least one party must be booked. The officer must decide which based on what he/she hears...but yeah.  Again, Im not sure in NC/SC are one of those.

The chick has marks....but from what I am reading they are not attack marks....more like restraint marks.  Either way, you can't touch a chick.  Better off running down the street screaming fire and hoping she doesn't follow.

The chick has marks....but from what I am reading they are not attack marks....more like restraint marks.  Either way, you can't touch a chick.  Better off running down the street screaming fire and hoping she doesn't follow.

Agreed. My post was more contending the notion that their MUST be contact, as per your response to another poster saying that a simple argument can land one downtown.

Edited by coralreefer_1

@josephperson: Arrest warrant alleges Hardy grabbed victim, threw her to the floor and bathtub, slammed her vs. a futon and strangled her.

And then......called 911 on himself?

If he strangled her, where was marks on her neck?

Where is the 'friend' in all of this?

Not saying this isn't true but the story seems much more complicated than this warrant claims.

• Pie 1