• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We get #9

bLACKpANTHER

People wanting Gordon...why, other than his athleticism, potential, and NAME do you want him? Not saying I'd be against the pick (I'd like it potentially), but this team needs offense. Gordon has no offense other than what his athleticism gets him.  Bad jump shot/free throw shooting/can't create for himself and not to mention he's a tweener.  Extreme poor man's Blake Griffin right now (and not the Blake that has a developed offensive game now).

I don't see Gordon making it to 9, but if he did, we sure as hell better be bringing in shooters at 24 or free agency or we'll have two MKG's out there. Added wrinkle, the last two 1st rounders were a SF and PF...we're going to draft a tweener with a limited offensive game at those positions with an obvious hole at SG? Fans won't like it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a big like McD or Saric taken instead, as someone who could conceivably contribute on offense/shooting right away. 

And please don't draft PJ Hairston at any point. He has train-wreck written all over him. UNC fanboy picks have given us terrible players and set the franchise back multiple times.

???

Not saying we should draft PJ, but we've only drafted two UNC players... ever.  And they were drafted in the same year... before MJ.

This UNC/Bobcats thing is a myth.

I think McDermott will be better then most expect. With that said, we don't need to draft an unathletic forward with the 9th pick. If that guy from Arizona falls to us at 9, I'll be thrilled.

Marcus Smart and Gary Harris are also possibilities

People wanting Gordon...why, other than his athleticism, potential, and NAME do you want him? Not saying I'd be against the pick (I'd like it potentially), but this team needs offense. Gordon has no offense other than what his athleticism gets him. Bad jump shot/free throw shooting/can't create for himself and not to mention he's a tweener. Extreme poor man's Blake Griffin right now (and not the Blake that has a developed offensive game now).

I don't see Gordon making it to 9, but if he did, we sure as hell better be bringing in shooters at 24 or free agency or we'll have two MKG's out there. Added wrinkle, the last two 1st rounders were a SF and PF...we're going to draft a tweener with a limited offensive game at those positions with an obvious hole at SG? Fans won't like it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a big like McD or Saric taken instead, as someone who could conceivably contribute on offense/shooting right away.

DEFENSE!!!!! + REBOUNDER!!!!

The kid was one of the best defender in the nation last year. PERIOD!!!

DEFENSE!!!!! + REBOUNDER!!!!

The kid was one of the best defender in the nation last year. PERIOD!!!

Ya don't say? We have MKG for that role. Nobody questions Gordon's effort/rebounding/defense. Charlotte also had a Top 5 defense and ranked in the top half in rebounding if I remember correctly. That offense though? Yikes. You want to use #9 to add a defensive/rebounding guy who may be an energetic 6th man next year and not much else on an offensively challenged team?

Now imagine a scenario where the lineup is as follows on the court next year, either after subs, with Al on the bench, or God forbid hurt...

Kemba/Neal

Henderson

MKG

Gordon

Biz/McBob

That may be the most atrocious offensive lineup I've ever seen assembled. 

Archived