• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer fans of the Huddle have challeneged this subforum

Zod

Anyone who says nascar isnt dying is lying to themselves. Just take a look at the 600 that was here in charlotte just a week ago. I may be a casual person who got to go for free, but there were plenty of seats available, half the camp sites empty, and thats not including the entire turn 2 grand stand that they try to hide like the Jacksonville Jaguars do with their upper deck. Isnt that the biggest, longest, most popular race NASCAR has? Soccer has gained more and more popularity in the U.S., way more than NASCAR has since 1990. This forum would be more active as a soccer forum than Nascar, there is just more going on year round that you can talk about compared to NASCAR. (Sorry for long format sending from mobile)

Edit: I forgot to add that Bruton Smith is talking about destroying that turn 2 grand stand so that it doesnt look empty when the race is here. That eliminates around 20-30,000 I believe and brings down that race track that isnt even full below 100,000 (which thats what wiki says, doubt thre are that many seats not including boc seats and camp area)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Anyone who says nascar isnt dying is lying to themselves. Just take a look at the 600 that was here in charlotte just a week ago. I may be a casual person who got to go for free, but there were plenty of seats available, half the camp sites empty, and thats not including the entire turn 2 grand stand that they try to hide like the Jacksonville Jaguars do with their upper deck. Isnt that the biggest, longest, most popular race NASCAR has? Soccer has gained more and more popularity in the U.S., way more than NASCAR has since 1990. This forum would be more active as a soccer forum than Nascar, there is just more going on year round that you can talk about compared to NASCAR. (Sorry for long format sending from mobile)

Edit: I forgot to add that Bruton Smith is talking about destroying that turn 2 grand stand so that it doesnt look empty when the race is here. That eliminates around 20-30,000 I believe and brings down that race track that isnt even full below 100,000 (which thats what wiki says, doubt thre are that many seats not including boc seats and camp area)

I don't think they even sell the turn 2 seats anymore. There was a time where those were filled. I'm a NASCAR fan too (Brian Vickers) and I knows its not dying its just regressing to the mean. It had a huge explosion in popularity and now its getting back to the people who enjoy the whole aspect of racing, not just the wrecks. But still Soccer is experiencing a similar boost in popularity right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

As one of the most active posters in the Nascar thread I say soccer can have it. The Nascar talk here is minimal and there are other forums with good Nascar discussions.

Although I feel the soccer thread will also become a ghost town after the world cup.

As one of the most active posters in the Nascar thread I say soccer can have it. The Nascar talk here is minimal and there are other forums with good Nascar discussions.

Although I feel the soccer thread will also become a ghost town after the world cup.

Most of us care more about our teams than World Cup.

I don't think they even sell the turn 2 seats anymore. There was a time where those were filled. I'm a NASCAR fan too (Brian Vickers) and I knows its not dying its just regressing to the mean. It had a huge explosion in popularity and now its getting back to the people who enjoy the whole aspect of racing, not just the wrecks. But still Soccer is experiencing a similar boost in popularity right now.

I would say its experiencing a "boom" in the U.S., world wide its always been big

Hardly. We'll move from league season to Champions League/Europa. That's the great thing about Soccer. the offseason is minimal, and during it there is so much to talk about with transfers, coaches being sacked etc etc. 

Hardly. We'll move from league season to Champions League/Europa. That's the great thing about Soccer. the offseason is minimal, and during it there is so much to talk about with transfers, coaches being sacked etc etc. 

Especially this year. The offseason is essentially non-existent. We have international friendlies going on since UCL ended, then we have WC, then we have basically two weeks before International Champions Cup starts, and then league play starts.

have you seen the threads in the lounge. There are a couple new posters here that came in directly to that thread.

Archived