• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer Experience

Since we had a section on here about favorite team etc. Figured we could talk about if we played around here locally and might be surprised who knows who etc....

Positions Played: Goalkeeper, LB, CB(Stopper), SW

Teams/Associations:CSA(Cabaruss Soccer Association now FCCA), played in Challenge, then Premiere League for them. Played for North Meck soccer association as well but only for a year when I was a senior in H.S.

Tried out for NC ODP (olympic development team) never made it but my younger sister (hate to admit it but got farther than I did in soccer) made it easily and plays in college now)

Frank Wagner (I think was his name) use to do huge soccer camps in the charlotte/nc area he was a "trainer/assistant coach" for a few years but later found out hw was arrested up in NY for child molestation

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Hmm how old are you? I played for west meck optimist challenge until it changed over to western united and was ruined. I know we beat CSA when they were the number one challenge team in the state or something like that. Also we wore north neck out about every time we played them.

When did Charlotte Soccer Club turn to Charlotte Soccer Academy?

I left Charlotte at a young age and moved to Raleigh. I played for CASL and a three others clubs and finally quit when I was 14 at an ODP training session. I ended up playing high school soccer for four years and got a few small offers from schools (Delta State and University of Missouri at Kansas City) but by the time high school was done I was content.

Pretty much just got burnt out and washed up. I can't even juggle the ball 50 times in a row anymore lol.

Hmm how old are you? I played for west meck optimist challenge until it changed over to western united and was ruined. I know we beat CSA when they were the number one challenge team in the state or something like that. Also we wore north neck out about every time we played them.

26, so this had to be back when I was 11 or 12 till I was 18, so 14-15 years ago?

26, so this had to be back when I was 11 or 12 till I was 18, so 14-15 years ago?

I'm 29 so yeah a long time ago. Any one else play at the air force base at the beach in October? That was a big tournament.

I played CASL from 4-7 years olds, then 81/82 Durham-Chapel Hill Strikers for most of my childhood, and a year with Carolina United as a teenager. Played with a few guys that have/had MLS careers. I don't think Carolina United exists anymore - or at least it isn't the same Carolina United club. Played mostly right mid and forward. Quit before college but probably wouldn't have survived anyway.

All about the Defense. Dabbled a little at GK, but mainly played LCB and loved it from about 5 years old to about 14, but stopped when I had to get a job to help the family pay bills. Nothing big, but had fun.. my older brother played RW and ST, and was on the State team for a couple of years. Wish we'd never had to stop, but them's the breaks eh?

All about the Defense. Dabbled a little at GK, but mainly played LCB and loved it from about 5 years old to about 14, but stopped when I had to get a job to help the family pay bills. Nothing big, but had fun.. my older brother played RW and ST, and was on the State team for a couple of years. Wish we'd never had to stop, but them's the breaks eh?

I always loved playing on the back line. I was pretty good at it too. But then I started being played as an attacking LB before going to winger pretty early on. I ultimately settled at striker due to my pace.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I played in FL through HS and into college.  I suffered an injury to my right knee (not soccer related) and got interested in other things.  I started playing again a few years later but was never the same.  I still did some rec stuff before I re-injured my right knee playing basketball and a few months later hurt my left knee at the beach.  My left knee fully healed but I still have problems with the right.  I still go out an play unorganized games every couple of months but I can no longer play once or twice a week consistently.

Archived