• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The game before the game. World Cup beats by Dre Ad.

It's an awesome commercial, but I do agree with the irony of Neymar's father talking about God, and with a bit of disappointment that the whole thing is centered around a diver like Neymar...

I don't understand why LeBron James was in it... It takes away from the soccer players who are actually in the event being held.

It's like Beats was trying to Americanize it by putting LBJ in there.

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Nicki Minaj (someone had to point her out), and Lil Wayne were in the commercial. It was an attempt to appeal to fans who may not normally watch soccer.

True but there's other players who deserved the spot instead of Neymar. For instance, Oscar. He looks like the superior player between the two.

Neymar is definitely a better player than Oscar. There were even some murmurings that Oscar might not make the Brazil squad, but Scolari loves him. Neymar is also the face of Brazilian football globally. Everyone knows who he is.

I'm not so sure. Sure, he had a rough year but Oscar has always outshined Neymar whenever they've played together on the national team.

Hmm. I've always felt Neymar was far better than Oscar in international play. Neymar has 20 more appearances than Oscar as well. Not to mention 31 goals in 48 games as an international is a very strong scoring ratio. Better than Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, and Aguero.

However, a World Cup is always different and will really test Neymar's resolve. It's going to be interesting.

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Nicki Minaj (someone had to point her out), and Lil Wayne were in the commercial. It was an attempt to appeal to fans who may not normally watch soccer.

But, but, but.. it had JOZY!!!1! (which actually was kinda cool)

I'm just happy to see more domestic interest and exposure. Thought the inclusion of Minaj was a bit off, but meh.. as long as more folks are getting into it, I'm good with including whomever they feel will sell the sport to the masses.

I like that Lebron was in it. You put all those major American figures in the commercial for a reason. They are endorsing the sport, they are endorsing the world cup, and of course they are endorsing the headphones. Lebron is one of the most identifiable athletes in America and he's recognized as a man that could perform in almost any sport. Not many athletes can cross into other sports with insight and be taken seriously.

It was definitely an awesome production but I'm afraid it will be run into the ground by July. I love seeing photographs and video from places like Brazil, Columbia, and even Africa. It's unlike anything we have seen in the US. With the way towns are built and people live. I don't say that to make light of their plight and suffering. But it's an incredible visual.

Neymar is the player of this World Cup. He is the hot young name from the Host Nation. He is one of the greatest footballers in the world. There is no reason to get political over the selection. Many people have done far worse while professing themselves religious.

One more thing. I love Stew Scott. I love that he routes for the Carolinas, I love him as a person, and I love him for his battle with cancer. He has the perfect look for a commercial like that.

But the broadcasting face of American Soccer is Bob Ley. He's old, white, and chubby. I'm not sure if that's his real hair. But he's a bro. Bob Ley has been with us since day 1.

Archived