• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group B

Goondal

I called the Netherlands win in my office pool. Although I thought it would be 2-1, not the 5-1 thrashing they gave Spain. Unbelievably horrible performance by the reigning Champs. I missed though on the Chile game, thought it would be a draw 1-1 with the Aussies. Overall, good games today.

This is going to be a fun group to watch!

Holy crap, I did not see that one coming.  Got to see most of the Chile-Australia game.  The Aussies did a nice job fighting back but I doubt anybody is surprised by the result.  If Chile beats the Dutch then Spain is in trouble.

That is a huge If.. Holland right now is hot. After giving the champs a royal beat down...Yeah, they aren't losing. They may tie. But they aren't winning. 

That is a huge If.. Holland right now is hot. After giving the champs a royal beat down...Yeah, they aren't losing. They may tie. But they aren't winning. 

We shall see.  I certainly do not think that the result is as certain as you make it out to be.  Chile is a good team and playing on their home continent, the Dutch will have their work cut out for them.

the header goal by Van Persie is easily one of the most incredible goals you'll ever see....the amount of skill and timing required to head a ball with that kind of power when you are essentially moving in the same direction as the ball....fricken awesome!

Archived