• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so IF we draft McBuckets at #9....

bLACKpANTHER

And yet, many of the same people who you think are "disparaging McSlowfoot because he's white" would be perfectly fine with the Hornets picking up Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons in free agency, both of whom are "white."

McDermott is too weak to play PF and too slow to play SF. That's why no one wants his sorry behind. No one except people who don't have a clue cares what he did in college against players who, for more than 90% of them, won't even be playing in the NBA.

LOL

And yet, many of the same people who you think are "disparaging McSlowfoot because he's white" would be perfectly fine with the Hornets picking up Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons in free agency, both of whom are "white."

McDermott is too weak to play PF and too slow to play SF. That's why no one wants his sorry behind. No one except people who don't have a clue cares what he did in college against players who, for more than 90% of them, won't even be playing in the NBA.

If you're someone that is instinctively comparing him to Redick, Morrison, Fredette, etc; how is that any different from what Cam haters did by comparing him to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young? Not every white guy is the same. McDermott will be able to consistently finish at the rim more so than any of those other guys could. He will be limited defensively and on the boards, but I have absolutely no doubt that he'll be able to consistently score in the NBA. I'd say the odds of him being a bust are low.

Find me some wing players that meet all those criteria and didn't produce in the NBA.

23ppg+ 53% fg+ 45% 3fg+ 80% ft+

He wasn't a wing player in college. This is a fundamental fault in your argument. He took a lot of shots in the post.

He is a college PF trying to make the switch to NBA wing player.

Can you not see how hard of a transition that will be for him?

If you're someone that is instinctively comparing him to Redick, Morrison, Fredette, etc; how is that any different from what Cam haters did by comparing him to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young? Not every white guy is the same. McDermott will be able to consistently finish at the rim more so than any of those other guys could. He will be limited defensively and on the boards, but I have absolutely no doubt that he'll be able to consistently score in the NBA. I'd say the odds of him being a bust are low.

I compare him to Shane Battie and James Jones is that a problem.

He wasn't a wing player in college. This is a fundamental fault in your argument. He took a lot of shots in the post.

He did post up some but Creighton ran basically a 4 guard offense. He played more on the perimeter but would post up smaller defenders.

Most of the teams that played Creighton put their best defender on him regardless of position.

I also played PF in college but was basically another wing player on offense so I have some experience in that matter as well.

You act like coaches in the Big East and MVC are a bunch of dummies who only had slow PFs guarding him. Nothing is further from the truth. It was always their best defender.

BTW PJ Hairston played PF at UNC. Was his considerable lesser success because of that?

Serious question...if we pick him at 9, are you gonna spend all summer and next year nitpicking and bashing him, or will you legit get behind him? Because it seems like you dislike him so much you actually want him to fail.

If we pick him I will be very disappointed in Cho. Just like I was when Larry Brown picked DJ over Brook Lopez. But I will still support the team.

He did post up some but Creighton ran basically a 4 guard offense. He played more on the perimeter but would post up smaller defenders.

Most of the teams that played Creighton put their best defender on him regardless of position.

I also played PF in college but was basically another wing player on offense so I have some experience in that matter as well.

You act like coaches in the Big East and MVC are a bunch of dummies who only had slow PFs guarding him. Nothing is further from the truth. It was always their best defender.

BTW PJ Hairston played PF at UNC. Was his considerable lesser success because of that?

Are you seriously saying they played PF the same way or comparing the few minutes a game PJ did that to McDermott doing it his whole college career.

Also you like to show stats. Show the breakdown of shots taking by McDermott in the post to his shots taking on the peremeriter.

Are you seriously saying they played PF the same way or comparing the few minutes a game PJ did that to McDermott doing it his whole college career.

Also you like to show stats. Show the breakdown of shots taking by McDermott in the post to his shots taking on the peremeriter.

He shot more 3s per game than Stauskas or Lavine and had better % than either of them, even with teams keying on him

He shot more 3s per game than Stauskas or Lavine and had better % than either of them, even with teams keying on him

Who else plays for Creighton? How many touches a game compare to the other 2. Instead of cherry picking numbers how about you give the full story.

They are incapable of seeing that. Just like they can't see that he is too slow to guard SFs and to weak to defend PFs.

Archived