• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so IF we draft McBuckets at #9....

bLACKpANTHER

If you're someone that is instinctively comparing him to Redick, Morrison, Fredette, etc; how is that any different from what Cam haters did by comparing him to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young? Not every white guy is the same. McDermott will be able to consistently finish at the rim more so than any of those other guys could. He will be limited defensively and on the boards, but I have absolutely no doubt that he'll be able to consistently score in the NBA. I'd say the odds of him being a bust are low.

I just said Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward are nothing like Doug McSlowfoot, and I would gladly welcome either of them to the Hornets instead of drafting a laboring tweener who can't play PF or SF in the NBA. 

Who else plays for Creighton? How many touches a game compare to the other 2. Instead of cherry picking numbers how about you give the full story.

So the other two didn't have the burden of being the only good player and having every opponent specifically game plan against them?

Damn. And both were less efficient while the only good player on a crappie team averaged 27ppg and shot 55% 45% 80% in the Big East and led them to a 28 win season with terrible teammates?

You are making a pretty strong argument for McD. Better than i could have said it myself.

You keep it up you will have me convinced that we can't afford to not pick him.

In Stauskas' 2 seasons at Michigan he had 22 games where he shot less than .400 from the field.

In McDermott's 4 seasons he had only 18, 8 of those coming his freshman year.  Only 3 last season (compared to Stauskas' 11). 

Stauskas had games where he couldn't even get 5 shots up (8 times in 2 years he only managed 5 shots or less in a game), but he is supposed to be superior at creating his own shot??

Heck, Duke was terrible on defense last season and he could only find a way to get 2 shots off against them in 34 minutes of play (0-2).

And you think he will start day 1?? 

So the other two didn't have the burden of being the only good player and having every opponent specifically game plan against them?

Damn. And both were less efficient while the only good player on a crappie team averaged 27ppg and shot 55% 45% 80% in the Big East and led them to a 28 win season with terrible teammates?

You are making a pretty strong argument for McD. Better than i could have said it myself.

You keep it up you will have me convinced that we can't afford to not pick him.

The other 2 were peremeriter players while your boy got a lot of post shots and layups.

The other 2 had to create some of their shooting opportunities while your boy got set up on a lot of his shots.

And yet, many of the same people who you think are "disparaging McSlowfoot because he's white" would be perfectly fine with the Hornets picking up Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons in free agency, both of whom are "white."

McDermott is too weak to play PF and too slow to play SF. That's why no one wants his sorry behind. No one except people who don't have a clue cares what he did in college against players who, for more than 90% of them, won't even be playing in the NBA.

The other 2 were peremeriter players while your boy got a lot of post shots and layups.

The other 2 had to create some of their shooting opportunities while your boy got set up on a lot of his shots.

So he also excels at moving without the ball and using screens and his body to get high quality shots and layups??

He is sounding better and better the more you post!!

And yet, many of the same people who you think are "disparaging McSlowfoot because he's white" would be perfectly fine with the Hornets picking up Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons in free agency, both of whom are "white."

McDermott is too weak to play PF and too slow to play SF. That's why no one wants his sorry behind. No one except people who don't have a clue cares what he did in college against players who, for more than 90% of them, won't even be playing in the NBA.

Sorry for the double post. On my phone.

That aside, can't this same argument be made for every player in this draft? They all played against a majority of people that won't make the pros.

Using your argument, Mcdermott should be the first pick, because he dominated the inferior competition offensively more than any other player.

I think he is the safest pick because there is always room on a playoff roster for a guy who can snipe from behind the arc, and that is his worst case scenario.

So he also excels at moving without the ball and using screens and his body to get high quality shots and layups??

He is sounding better and better the more you post!!

He excels at taking post position over future bank managers.

Sorry for the double post. On my phone.

That aside, can't this same argument be made for every player in this draft? They all played against a majority of people that won't make the pros.

Using your argument, Mcdermott should be the first pick, because he dominated the inferior competition offensively more than any other player.

I think he is the safest pick because there is always room on a playoff roster for a guy who can snipe from behind the arc, and that is his worst case scenario.

We can find those guys in FA. There are a lot of cheap veterans that can shoot.

What we need is a guy who can shoot, create, and set up offense so Kemba isn't the only player who can do it on the peremeriter. I would also love a 2 way player so he can be on the floor all the time.

We can find those guys in FA. There are a lot of cheap veterans that can shoot.

What we need is a guy who can shoot, create, and set up offense so Kemba isn't the only player who can do it on the peremeriter. I would also love a 2 way player so he can be on the floor all the time.

I see you also want Lance Stephenson. 

He excels at taking post position over future bank managers.

You mean like Rodney Hood who could only manage a meager 2-10 against the bankers at Mercer? Or the Stauskas who could only create 2 shots against Duke and went 1-5 against the bankers at Massachusetts-Lowell??

Those guys must REALLY suck then huh?

Archived