• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so IF we draft McBuckets at #9....

bLACKpANTHER

You mean like Rodney Hood who could only manage a meager 2-10 against the bankers at Mercer? Or the Stauskas who could only create 2 shots against Duke and went 1-5 against the bankers at Massachusetts-Lowell??

Those guys must REALLY suck then huh?

Put Michigan and Duke schedule up against Creighton then talk to me.

If he's drafted at 9th overall, he's going to back up MKG at the 3, and only play a max of 15 minutes a game on average. Not worth it at 9 for a bench player who isn't even going to be a 6th man type of player. Your basically using the 9th overall pick to get a career backup 7-10 minutes a game player. 

Then on top of that, he doesn't have the speed, athleticism, rebounding ability or defensive ability/potential to ever be a starter. He's a bench player that can shoot, he's a Steve Kerr type player in the NBA at best. 

If Mcbob leaves the team needs a stretch 4, McBuckets isn't a stretch 4 in the NBA. McBuckets makes no sense what so ever based on his limitations in the NBA. He can shoot the ball, but he's proven in College that he struggles with taller, athletic players....that's all he's going to see in the NBA at the 3 spot and he doesn't have the size or rebounding ability to ever be a NBA 4. 

If he's drafted at 9th overall, he's going to back up MKG at the 3, and only play a max of 15 minutes a game on average. Not worth it at 9 for a bench player who isn't even going to be a 6th man type of player. Your basically using the 9th overall pick to get a career backup 7-10 minutes a game player.

Then on top of that, he doesn't have the speed, athleticism, rebounding ability or defensive ability/potential to ever be a starter. He's a bench player that can shoot, he's a Steve Kerr type player in the NBA at best.

If Mcbob leaves the team needs a stretch 4, McBuckets isn't a stretch 4 in the NBA. McBuckets makes no sense what so ever based on his limitations in the NBA. He can shoot the ball, but he's proven in College that he struggles with taller, athletic players....that's all he's going to see in the NBA at the 3 spot and he doesn't have the size or rebounding ability to ever be a NBA 4.

Get ready they are about to tell you how athletic he was at the combine against no defenders. Teeray is going to tell you he's Pistol Pete 2. The greatest college scorer ever I

Sorry for the double post. On my phone.

That aside, can't this same argument be made for every player in this draft? They all played against a majority of people that won't make the pros.

I knew someone was going to say that, and the answer is, no, the same argument can't be made against everyone in the draft, because some conferences tend to put more players in the NBA than others, meaning every conference doesn't have NBA level talent and length. McDermott has gone up against less of it than most. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv474_WMozs

I knew someone was going to say that, and the answer is, no, the same argument can't be made against everyone in the draft, because some conferences tend to put more players in the NBA than others, meaning every conference doesn't have NBA level talent and length. McDermott has gone up against less of it than most.

Wait. Everyone said he struggles against "length"

In those 4 games he scored 30 points, 39 points, 25 points, and 15 points and didn't shoot below 50% in any of them and shot over 55% in 3 of those 4 games.

So against NBA "length" he averaged @27.3 ppg.

Damn. Just imagine if he didn't struggle!!

I also was disappointed to see his lack of athleticism when he posterized that guy for an and one dunk at the 2:10 mark of that video.

In those 4 games he scored 30 points, 39 points, 25 points, and 15 points and didn't shoot below 50% in any of them and shot over 55% in 3 of those 4 games.

I also was disappointed to see his lack of athleticism when he posterized that guy for an and one dunk at the 2:10 mark of that video.

You're so sure $20 says he doesn't avg. 14pts per game next year.

Do you take the bet?

The video showed you he struggles when defended by length, and again, he went up against guys who won't see an NBA court. Most of his points came off of open shots against pathetic players who just happened to have NBA "length," not against NBA-caliber players, like I said the first time. 

The video showed you he struggles when defended by length, and again, he went up against guys who won't see an NBA court. Most of his points came off of open shots against pathetic players who just happened to have NBA "length," not against NBA-caliber players, like I said the first time. 

He "struggled" to 27.3 ppg.  lololol

30, 39, 25, & 15 points with a field goal percentage of 57%

But they all sucked.

How did he do against Villanova.  They have some length and some talented wing players.  They went 29-5.  He must have struggled against them right??  Oh, he averaged 32 ppg against them,  Hmmm

Let's see there is Providence, they have two 6-9 forwards, a  7 foot center that plays, and another 6'6 strong bodied forward.  Surely that length cut him down.  Nope.  He dropped a cool 45 points on those guys.  That is to go along with 21 points and 27 points he scored on them the other 2 games they played

Xavier had a front line with 6'10, 6'9, and 6'8 that played a bunch.  Maybe that stopped him.  Oh he scored 35 and 27 points on them?  Never mind.

That is 11 games... should I keep going??  I mean they only played 35 games, I'm already through a third of the teams that all had decent length.

Let's see.... Arizona State had a 7'2 center that is the all-time blocks leader in Pac-12 history, and was #1 in the nation in blocked shots.  That surely got him.  Nope.  He scored 27 that game.

Umm, DePaul had a rotation of 6'10 6'10 6'9 and 6'8.  He scored a cool 35 and 32 on those guy

Okay I really will stop now. 

The great irony is, that the ONLY team he struggled against last season was Georgetown.  One of the smallest teams in the Big East conference.  He also had a piss poor game against George Washington early in the season but I count that as much of an outlier as I do Hood's 2-10 performance against Mercer and Stauskas 1-5 performance against Massachusetts-Lowell.  Just pooty days

Those were the only three bad games he had all season.  One of those bad games he still mustered up 22 points but shot a low FG% so I count it against him.

Again, McD had only 4 games last season where he had a sub .400 fg%.  Stauskas had 11 games where he shot below .400

Archived