• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

Proudiddy

Not gonna blame him for taking $1mil over one year of free tuition. Plus, he's doing it for personal reason.

I was really hoping to see SMU thrive in the upcoming season tho.

He wasn't ever going to get cleared and stayed cleared by the NCAA. They were investigating him and his eligibility, so he decided not to even try college and take the risk.

In his own words "he was worried about his amateurism eligibility and the NCAA looking into it."

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Bulls still pushing the Cavs' buttons. They've offered Mirotic, Gibson and McDermott as players in a possible Love deal.

Incredible that Flip Saunders has absolutely no leverage yet the longer this goes on, the CAVS are the ones growing more desperate.

They did absolutely nothing to deserve LeBron and I can't wait to see if they screw it up again.

Stephen A. Smith finally said something smart today. He would not take neither the Bulls or Cavs offers. Why? GSW: Klay, Barnes, and Lee.

That's stupid. GSW aren't gonna give up all that to get Love. He might as well have said "OKC: Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka." Neither will ever happen.

Stephen A. Smith finally said something smart today. He would not take neither the Bulls or Cavs offers. Why? GSW: Klay, Barnes, and Lee.

I should have stopped after that first sentence, but GSW's offer makes them a 9 seed in the east at best.

They've been the definition of a treadmill team and will never be able to find a better rebuild offer than what Cleveland has been offering and will continue to offer. Cleveland is giving you a potential star you can build around while hitting the reset button. Golden state gives you more of the mid level guys on a good team that they've been overpaying to put around love for years.

Oh, and Klay and Rubio want max deals. Good luck with that.

I should have stopped after that first sentence, but GSW's offer makes them a 9 seed in the east at best.

They've been the definition of a treadmill team and will never be able to find a better rebuild offer than what Cleveland has been offering and will continue to offer. Cleveland is giving you a potential star you can build around while hitting the reset button. Golden state gives you more of the mid level guys on a good team that they've been overpaying to put around love for years.

Oh, and Klay and Rubio want max deals. Good luck with that.

Wiggins' jump shot and handle are still questionable. He's no Lebron. If lucky, he could be a Tmac type.

Klay is already good and has yet to reach his full potential. You could make the case for either deals, but I have to agree with Smith here.

This name doesn't seem to be mentioned much on here, but the Hornets should make an offer for Jeff Green, IMO.  Put a package together with the core being Gerald Henderson for Jeff Green.  If you package Bismack and Gerald, the salaries start to even out.  If we could get one of their 3 backup centers in return (Tyler Zeller?), even better. 

The Celtics just signed SF Evan Turner, and already have SF Gerald Wallace ($10mil) and Jeff Green ($9mil) under contract.  Green has been rumored to be on the trade block for months now, and that was before Evan Turner joined the team. 

Meanwhile, they are terribly thin at SG.  Marcus Thornton is their current (new) starter, averaging 9.8 PPG with a $8.5 mil salary.  Gerald Henderson has a meager $6 mil salary and is a 14-16 PPG guy.  And he still has 2 years left on his contract, while Jeff Green is in the last deal of his current deal.  They just drafted SG James Young out of Kentucky, so he is their long-term option and will likely need a year or two to develop off the bench.  Thornton's contract is not guaranteed after this year, so that 9mil comes off the books then - or they deal his expiring contract for more assets.  Regardless, Gerald Henderson is a better short-term and medium-term option at SG for them, and he comes at a big discount.

For the Hornets, Jeff Green becomes your starter at the 3, yet you still have MKG playing significant minutes off the bench.  If MKG improves dramatically this year, you have no reason to hang on to Green.  If not, you decide which player is the better long-term option and you go from there.  Either way, it buys you time with your young draft picks while letting them contribute off the bench for one more year.  Same goes for PJ (who otherwise is relegated to cleanup minutes behind Lance, GH, and Neal. 

Also, Jeff Green is a definite upgrade offensively to MKG...but many would argue he's in the same class defensively.  So it's not like you're trading O for D here.  Between Lance, Jeff, and MKG...you'd have three versatile lockdown defenders at 6'5, 6'9, and 6'7 that could rotate on a player like LeBron, Durant, or Melo.

I honestly see this as a huge win-win / no-brainer for both clubs.  Someone please email MJ!  ;)

1.) Kemba Walker (Nelson/Pargo)

2.) Lance Stephenson (Neal/Hairston)

3.) Jeff Green (MKG / Jeff Taylor)

4.) Marvin Williams (Cody Zeller / Noah Vonleh)

5.) Al Jefferson (Tyler Zeller)

That is a serious lineup right there that could compete with ANYbody!

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jeff_green

This name doesn't seem to be mentioned much on here, but the Hornets should make an offer for Jeff Green, IMO.  Put a package together with the core being Gerald Henderson for Jeff Green.  If you package Bismack and Gerald, the salaries start to even out.  If we could get one of their 3 backup centers in return (Tyler Zeller?), even better. 

The Celtics just signed SF Evan Turner, and already have SF Gerald Wallace ($10mil) and Jeff Green ($9mil) under contract.  Green has been rumored to be on the trade block for months now, and that was before Evan Turner joined the team. 

Meanwhile, they are terribly thin at SG.  Marcus Thornton is their current (new) starter, averaging 9.8 PPG with a $8.5 mil salary.  Gerald Henderson has a meager $6 mil salary and is a 14-16 PPG guy.  And he still has 2 years left on his contract, while Jeff Green is in the last deal of his current deal.  They just drafted SG James Young out of Kentucky, so he is their long-term option and will likely need a year or two to develop off the bench.  Thornton's contract is not guaranteed after this year, so that 9mil comes off the books then - or they deal his expiring contract for more assets.  Regardless, Gerald Henderson is a better short-term and medium-term option at SG for them, and he comes at a big discount.

For the Hornets, Jeff Green becomes your starter at the 3, yet you still have MKG playing significant minutes off the bench.  If MKG improves dramatically this year, you have no reason to hang on to Green.  If not, you decide which player is the better long-term option and you go from there.  Either way, it buys you time with your young draft picks while letting them contribute off the bench for one more year.  Same goes for PJ (who otherwise is relegated to cleanup minutes behind Lance, GH, and Neal. 

Also, Jeff Green is a definite upgrade offensively to MKG...but many would argue he's in the same class defensively.  So it's not like you're trading O for D here.  Between Lance, Jeff, and MKG...you'd have three versatile lockdown defenders at 6'5, 6'9, and 6'7 that could rotate on a player like LeBron, Durant, or Melo.

I honestly see this as a huge win-win / no-brainer for both clubs.  Someone please email MJ!  ;)

1.) Kemba Walker (Nelson/Pargo)

2.) Lance Stephenson (Neal/Hairston)

3.) Jeff Green (MKG / Jeff Taylor)

4.) Marvin Williams (Cody Zeller / Noah Vonleh)

5.) Al Jefferson (Tyler Zeller)

That is a serious lineup right there that could compete with ANYbody!

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jeff_green

i would even listen to ideas of trading MKG for Green

If MKG ends up plateau-ing with the skillset he has now it's tempting, but it's early enough that we should still wait on the potential. MKG's ceiling is Kawhi Leonard and that's a whole lot better than Jeff Green.

Agreed, I'd be willing to include MKG or even Vonleh in a package deal (with Gerald Henderson) for Jeff Green. 

I'd much prefer keeping both young guys if at all possible, but this team is finally built to win NOW.  We still have plenty of young talent to develop - and Green himself is in the prime of his career at 27.  Two or three years of him at SF would be ideal, with a young guy (MKG or Taylor) developing behind him.  It becomes really hard to argue MKG's upside when comparing him to Jeff Green because Jeff Green essentially *IS* MKG's upside.  He's a way better outside shooter, a way better scorer, 2 inches taller at the same position, and just as good on defense.  He's in the prime of his career, while MKG is *at least* a year or two away from that.  Factor in Jeffrey Taylor as a backup at the 3 and Green-Taylor makes MKG expendable, IMO. That being said... 

Bottom line is we have the pieces to acquire Green.  I'd be okay with any of these packages, in order of preference for the Hornets:

Best Case: 

Gerald Henderson ($6mil, 2 yrs) + Bismack Biyombo ($3.8mil, 1yr)

for

Jeff Green ($9.2mil, 1 yr) + Tyler Zeller ($1.7mil, 2yrs)

Middle Ground:

Gerald Henderson ($6mil, 2 yrs) + Bismack Biyombo ($3.8mil, 1yr) + 2015 1st rounder (or Vonleh if they insist -but that might also require a longer-term deal with Green)

for

Jeff Green ($9.2mil, 1yr) + Tyler Zeller ($1.7mil, 2yrs)

All-In with MKG and a pick, but we need a new deal for Jeff Green + another piece (Olynyk at center too much?):

Gerald Henderson ($6mil, 2yrs) + Kidd-Gilchrest ($5mil, 2yrs) + Bismack Biyombo ($3.8mil, 1yrs) + 2015 1st rounder

for

Jeff Green (new 2/3 year contract @$8-9 mil) + Kelly Olynyk ($2mil, 3yrs)

Agreed, I'd be willing to include MKG or even Vonleh in a package deal (with Gerald Henderson) for Jeff Green.

I'd much prefer keeping both young guys if at all possible, but this team is finally built to win NOW. We still have plenty of young talent to develop - and Green himself is in the prime of his career at 27. Two or three years of him at SF would be ideal, with a young guy (MKG or Taylor) developing behind him. It becomes really hard to argue MKG's upside when comparing him to Jeff Green because Jeff Green essentially *IS* MKG's upside. He's a way better outside shooter, a way better scorer, 2 inches taller at the same position, and just as good on defense. He's in the prime of his career, while MKG is *at least* a year or two away from that. Factor in Jeffrey Taylor as a backup at the 3 and Green-Taylor makes MKG expendable, IMO. That being said...

Bottom line is we have the pieces to acquire Green. I'd be okay with any of these packages, in order of preference for the Hornets:

Best Case:

Gerald Henderson ($6mil, 2 yrs) + Bismack Biyombo ($3.8mil, 1yr)

for

Jeff Green ($9.2mil, 1 yr) + Tyler Zeller ($1.7mil, 2yrs)

Middle Ground:

Gerald Henderson ($6mil, 2 yrs) + Bismack Biyombo ($3.8mil, 1yr) + 2015 1st rounder (or Vonleh if they insist -but that might also require a longer-term deal with Green)

for

Jeff Green ($9.2mil, 1yr) + Tyler Zeller ($1.7mil, 2yrs)

All-In with MKG and a pick, but we need a new deal for Jeff Green + another piece (Olynyk at center too much?):

Gerald Henderson ($6mil, 2yrs) + Kidd-Gilchrest ($5mil, 2yrs) + Bismack Biyombo ($3.8mil, 1yrs) + 2015 1st rounder

for

Jeff Green (new 2/3 year contract @$8-9 mil) + Kelly Olynyk ($2mil, 3yrs)

Zeller can't be traded with other players until Sept. I would love Green but if we give up Biz a c has to come back.

Archived