• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

Did I support Smitty punching people? Of course not. But at least they were teammates, not high school kids. Allegedly, the kid also didn't swing first, so there's no story to fully believe right now.

Oh yeah, not to mention Smitty hadn't just been essentially kicked out of UNC for continued idiot offenses ranging from benefits/rental cars/speeding tickets/drugs and gun in his car/hanging out with idiot friends/punching a minor now potentially. Not to mention the whole news now that Josh Gordon was driving PJ's car when arrested. PJ clearly has some issues in judgement for his entire life.

That "kid" is 6'5 210lb & more physically mature than 90% of adults. 17 isn't a minor. It's he said, she said. Of course the kid & his friends say he didn't swing. PJ says he swung first.

You're also incredibly over-exaggerating what's happened with PJ in the past. Are all of you UNC/Duke/State fans idiots?

So, does anyone else actually feel better about the situation after it came out that the kid is pressing charges?

To me, that screams that the kid was looking to make something of it and provoke him to do something stupid.  Obviously it isnt good that PJ took the bait (and he sure as hell better learn from this), but its better than PJ just going off on some high school kid in a pick-up game for no reason

I used to be friends with a guy that should have played in the NBA. He was on my AAU team and was my roommate. During a pick up game before his freshman year in college he got into a little fight. He got his pride hurt, actually left the gym and came back with a razor blade, shook the other dude's hand, and slashed him in the face with the razor with the other hand.

He ended up going to prison instead of his freshman year at an elite university, in an elite conference, and likely pro career ahead of him.

I genuinely liked this guy, and to this day can't figure out what the fug he was thinking.

Not sure what that contributes to the thread, but this story reminded me of that, and how foolish pride and being at the wrong place at the wrong time can take all your hopes and dreams away.

PJ just needs to stay the fug out of Durham and Greensboro. Live in the Hornets practice facility, and start hanging with his teammates instead of guys like Josh Gordon.

Flash was reportedly driving PJ'S car when he got pulled in Raleigh

Chris Kroeger just tweeted this:

@Kroeger: PJ getting in a scuffle at a YMCA? Really not a big deal. PJ’s continued link to Fats & now known troublemaker Josh Gordon? Oh crap.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

That "kid" is 6'5 210lb & more physically mature than 90% of adults. 17 isn't a minor. It's he said, she said. Of course the kid & his friends say he didn't swing. PJ says he swung first.

You're also incredibly over-exaggerating what's happened with PJ in the past. Are all of you UNC/Duke/State fans idiots?

The fight in the gym isn't even the main issue here. It's that PJ CONTINUES to be an idiot and find himself in trouble. 

And please, do tell how people over-exaggerate on what happened with PJ in the past. If anything else, his continued trouble, despite how serious or not in your eyes, shows his stupidity and lack of maturity. Like last 4th of July weekend after he was initially caught/pulled over by police with the weed and gun which led to his UNC scandal...he gets a speeding ticket, in another car that wasn't his. Then he seemingly wasn't so honest with the NCAA/Roy because his initial 10 game suspension, turned into UNC not seeking reinstatement. Now, after doing work in the D-League, seemingly changed and drafted...he's fighting at the Durham YMCA and Josh Gordon is getting arrested in PJ's car for a DWI. Did I mention his consistent involvement with Fats Thomas throughout all of this, the convicted felon? But hey, PJ is just a kid making some bad choices, and fans are "incredibly over-exaggerating" what's happened. 

I'm new here. But I thought I'd chime in.  I looked the kid up, he's 6'5'', nearly 200lbs (if I'm correct).  Punching a 17 year old kid is inexcusable, however, punching the same kid in defense or retaliation, whether charges will be filed or not, isn't necessarily alright but nobody, I mean NOBODY, is going to take that poo.  I figured he'd file charges.  That may benefit PJ's cause (if he is in the right) because more folks will come forward. 

I'm new here. But I thought I'd chime in. I looked the kid up, he's 6'5'', nearly 200lbs (if I'm correct). Punching a 17 year old kid is inexcusable, however, punching the same kid in defense or retaliation, whether charges will be filed or not, isn't necessarily alright but nobody, I mean NOBODY, is going to take that poo. I figured he'd file charges. That may benefit PJ's cause (if he is in the right) because more folks will come forward.

The kid he punched was 6'5" and only 3 years younger. They are essentially peers. The Fats connection is concerning.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

Archived