• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

PJ does need to watch who he hangs with, and try to stay away from trouble, but to expect a 21 year old to not do some things just because he was just drafted 10 days ago is very hard. if my profession knew what i did at 21, i do not think they would have hired me.

Yeah I just meant I didn't have an issue personally and could somewhat understand it if the other kid started it. It's certainly a public relations nightmare and not what you'd want from your NBA first round pick.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall with MJ and PJ in that talk if it happens.

You are blasting PJ for getting into a scuffle at a rec center, yet your profile picture is Steve Smith. PJ punched a dude, who allegedly swung at him first. Steve Smith attacked and punched three of his own teammates over the course of a decade.

I find your hypocrisy amusing.

And Steve Smith was a sucker puncher,

There are def some UNC fans defending PJ here because he is a former UNC player.

Those same fans will be trashing PJ when he goes Rashad McCants on them and tells the world that he took sham classes and accepted money from Fats, along with the rest of the UNC team.

There are def some UNC fans defending PJ here because he is a former UNC player.

Those same fans will be trashing PJ when he goes Rashad McCants on them and tells the world that he took sham classes and accepted money from Fats, along with the rest of the UNC team.

Why the Hell are you talking about McCants & UNC in a NBA Forum dedicated to the Hornets?

Oh, that's right. UNC/Duke/State fans are fuxking idiots.

It seems to be wishful thinking that the kid provoked him beyond what the kid stated he said. There is nobody but his agent suggesting it was provoked.

The only people that have been talking to the press is Barkley, his guardian, his brother, and Barkley's boys from Durham.

My guess is, Barkley got hit in the head defending PJ (maybe PJ meant to catch him or not), got pissed, and got in his face so PJ hit him or pushed him in the neck.

If I pressed charges for every time someone deliberately hit me in the head or face with an elbow, forearm, or fist while playing basketball I would have been in court 90% of my playing days.  People don't realize how physical basketball at the college level can get,

I mean, one time our coach was scrimmaging with us for a couple of plays, I accidentally caught him with an elbow pretty hard across the noggin, he thought I did it on purpose (I didn't), and me and the head coach almost got in a fist fight.... then instead he ran us to death lol

One time I elbowed a guy so hard in the throat the doctors told him he shouldn't speak for two weeks.

An opponent in college punched me square in the face, on purpose IMO, and the refs didn't even call a foul.

I accidently made one guy spit up blood because I accidentally hit the poo out of him with my fist (or at least my hand) going for a rebound.

I knocked a guy unconscious once ( ref didn't call a foul there either and I casually sank a three over his unconscious body).  I was knocked unconscious at least twice in practices.

I once knocked a guy into a wall going for a loose ball, in a pick up game.

I have been in more fist fights or shoving matches than I can count during practices or pick up.

Of course I still want to see the video before I make any real judgments, but if the video shows what I think it will, and this guy pressed charges, that is some really weak ass poo.

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread...

Take your collegiate smack talk elsewhere.

There was a player on a rival conference team in college, and we hated each other even though we had never really spoken to one another.  During games against each other we crushed each other.  It looked like both of us were in a fight by the time the game was over.

Then one night when I was out of town I ran into him at a bar.  We ended up getting shitfaced and talking about those battles and actually became good buddies.

Basketball may not be a "contact sport" but it ain't for pussies either

Geez, I just thought of another story, this one is kind of funny (I guess) but wasn't at the time.

I got into a fist fight... with my own teammate... during an actual game... in front of a bunch of college coaches there recruiting.

smh

When I say a fist fight, I mean the other guy punched me so hard in the face my eye swelled shut and he BROKE his hand on my face.  We were both on the bench as we had just been substituted out of the game.  We got in an argument because he thought I was shooting too much (he was probably right :D), I got up to go to the end of the bench, but as I got up, I shoved him in the face.  Not a punch, but I did shove him in the face.  I went and got a water bottle, and when I turned around he punched me square in the face, breaking his hand in the process.

Meanwhile, the game is still going on.  I tackle him and we start rolling around on the ground punching each other, the refs stop the game, but have no idea what to do.  I guess there isn't much precedent for teammates fighting while on the bench.  We eventually got ejected, although it didn't really matter because my eye was swollen shut and his hand was broken.

And you know what. I love the dude who hit me.  He was a good guy.  And I think I am a pretty good guy too.  Neither one of us were "thugs" or "stupid".  We were both just really intense and got caught up in the moment.

Archived