• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

What an idiot. He knows people are going to be watching his his every move. DUMB!

Or maybe he doesn't know that which is why he's still treating this like any other basketball offseason he has known to this point. He has only been an NBA player for 10 days and it looks like he just got one heck of a reality check tonight. I would much rather his one strike come now in the summer as opposed to in the middle of the season when it matters.

There's no police report and the Durham PD is treating this as simple assault which would be a push or a shove. Hopefully he will find a good vibe surrounding the team and starts to make new, better habits and friends with the team. That's the key to PJ reaching his potential. I'm not ready to kick him to the curb just for getting in a dust up in a pickup game and not realizing the ramifications of it with his new status.

Son of a bitch. So if he got arrested would he not be able to play?

Doesn't matter. Didn't get arrested and it occurred outside of police presence. If it's being treated as a simple assault this will blow over quickly provided of course he doesn't do anything stupid again.

Doesn't matter. Didn't get arrested and it occurred outside of police presence. If it's being treated as a simple assault this will blow over quickly provided of course he doesn't do anything stupid again.

But the kid is pressing charges so what could this lead to?

This is just pick up basketball. Someone pushes you, you push back. Someone shoves you, you shove back. Someone punches you, you knock his ass out with a left. This doesn't concern me at all, unless the other kid didn't actually hit him. 

Kid says he didn't throw first punch. This could turn out not to be a big deal considering Steve smith got into how many fights and still turned out to have a great career?

As long as he doesn't get into trouble with the law I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Problem is, that was with other professionals... and according to the espn article on it, the kid says the Y's video shows he didn't provoke it. He also has a friend who was there and corroborated his account, saying he played against PJ in high school and pulled for him, but after seeing what happened, he can't barely stand to look at him now.

Furthermore, the kid says he will be filing charges "despite not suffering injuries," although he does appear to have a goose egg on his forehead.

I'm not getting worked up about it... the video may show PJ doing all the punching and the kid doing nothing, but that doesnt mean the kid wasn't talking poo. Also, the"kid" is 6'5" and what, just three years younger than PJ?

Regardless, what a great way to start your career... why the fug are you playing in fuging Durham when you have any thousands of gyms to choose from to workout and/or play with other professionals? I'm not a professional and you would have to pay me to play in Durham. I used to have a membership with the Durham Y's and I ended up cancelling it. You can get a better run elsewhere... furthermore, i'm fairly certain despite his issues, PJ still has access to the gyms at UNC and over the summer all of the pros come back and play all-nighters at the Dean Dome practice court... why not go there?

You are now a millionaire, why even go to one of the grimiest cities in America and play with non-professionals who will all be gunning for you because of your status? Really stupid... oh well, let him do it his way.

Archived