• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup Final: Germany v. Argentina

Goondal

this will be a better game than many expect in my opinion. 

I think from the semi against Brazil...the first goal was a poorly defended but good goal...the turning point of the game was that 2nd goal....goalie gave up a real soft rebound that ended up behind him and the Brazilians were left shell shocked and imploded.  I still can't figure out what the Germans are all about to be honest.  Yes they pounded Brazil and a weak Portugal team...but they looked less than impressive in their other games. 

will be interesting to see what happens...but I'm cheering for the Germans all the way...and the consolation game will come down to pride in my opinion...who comes in wanting to win and who comes in finished.  Brazil has poo for defense and goaltending is suspect...I expect a big Dutch win unless they drop back to their good ole days of me first futbal.

Messi is fugged without Di Maria.

You said that when they played the Dutch. They're in to win it. Will they? I don't know. But I wouldn't count them out. The Dutch were the better fit of a team to give Germany a match. Now that they are out. Argentina is showing resilience and the ability to give the Germans a competitive match. 

Point is, you said that Messi was fuged against Holland without Di Maria. Same rule applies here. It's not hard to get what I'm saying. 

The dutch had a great team. Germany has a great team. Just don't count out Argentina. Argentina is more than Di Maria and Messi. They also have a great team even with Di Maria out. 

Ultimately I think Germany's midfield controls the game and the forwards are able to find space in the attacking third. Germany is the more talented side I just hope we are organized at the back like we have been since Lahm went back to his natural position and Hummels got healthy. Argentina has the skill up top to be a big goal-scoring threat. I'm really only worried about Messi though. Will he seize the moment and explode on the worlds biggest stage? Will he take the game over and make some magic happen as he has so many times this tournament?

That said, I'm going with 3-1 Germany.

I will admit, Argentina looked strong defensively the last two matches.  That being said they have been surprisingly poor offensively.  Two goals in their last 330' and that does not include not scoring on Iran until the very end.  They are 6-0 with only a +5 Goal Differential so they are just getting by.  That being said, they made it here and have the best player so all it takes is one big game from him.  I am very confident right now, which is rare for me in sports, but when I am this confident my teams actually win so there is that.

Germany 2-0 Argentina

A couple very nerve-racking moments that half. Germany must contain Messi and use position to their advantage in the back because of the speed mismatch. I think Germany's strength is their set-pieces and ability to find space when crossing so I hope we continue to pick out those spots and capitalize. If Germany goes up early in the second half and forces Argentina forward I think Germany gets another off the counter attack.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived