• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News Report: Stephenson battle down to Hornets, Pacers, and Mavs

teeray

I'm not sure 10 will get it done. 11-12 minimum is my opinion to have a real shot at him.

Just my opinion though

I'd be surprised if he got $11.

The Pacers can't go any higher than 5X8.8 without being in the tax and if Dallas is lukewarm on Lance they certainly aren't giving him $11 mil.

I think 4X10.5 is fair and probably the max I would go.

I'd be surprised if he got $11.

The Pacers can't go any higher than 5X8.8 without being in the tax and if Dallas is lukewarm on Lance they certainly aren't giving him $11 mil.

I think 4X10.5 is fair and probably the max I would go.

If the difference between us and Indy is that small he will just go back to Indy. He has said that is his preference anyway. We got to go big or drop out

Lance Stephenson is only 23 years old. He can rebound, shoot, pass and finish and will likely only get better. He has played in very big games as well and we have a position for him to play. I'd give him whatever contract he wants. Next year we start Lance and let Hendo be our 6th man. After the season Henderson's remaining 6 million over one year will me very movable so we trade him and Hairston becomes the primary scoring option off the bench (assuming he stays out of trouble).

Lance has always been "the better fit" for the Hornets existing lineup. 

If they land Stephenson and Hinrich, only McRoberts will be missing from my "original" wishlist, unless he doesn't sign with the Heat and comes back (unlikely). 

Between Stephenson, Hayward and Parsons, Lance had the most "strengths," which was obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npcj9WLml2M

If we want a big name we are going to have to overpay at least a little, that's just the truth.

yep, we're small market Charlotte.  We are blessed to have Big Al.  Overpaying a little bit now

for Lance should make us less small market in the coming years.  

Time to win.

$10.5 and $8.8 is not exactly a small difference. Especially when you have to pay taxes and agents up to 12% of your total salary.

This is all my opinion obviously, but we need to five him something to think about. I still think 11-12 gets it done. 10.5 might get it done, but 12 will get it done.

Archived