• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boozer?

I was reading that a team would have to bid 2 mill to get him. Does that mean we only have to pay him 2 mill a year?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

That is the way I understand it, but others might know more

I don't know how it works but if we only have to pay him 2 mill then that would be a great deal. I know a bunch of these low Ignorant UNC fans don't want him because he went to Duke but for that price you would be retarded to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

When a player is amnestied he is put on waivers and other teams have to bid on them. For Brendan Haywood the winning bid was $2 million. Whoever bids the highest gets him, at whatever price that happens to be. The bid cannot exceed the previous contract ($16 million per in this case).

teams under the cap can bid on the amnestied player, and their bid allows them to pay a portion of the player's salary, with the original team paying the rest (so if boozer's salary was $15m and the heat bid $2m for him, the heat would pay $2m and the bulls would pay $13m, but he would only count towards the heat's cap). if no team bids, they become a free agent.

When a player is amnestied he is put on waivers and other teams have to bid on them. For Brendan Haywood the winning bid was $2 million. Whoever bids the highest gets him, at whatever price that happens to be. The bid cannot exceed the previous contract ($16 million per in this case).

Does the previous contract length transfer over to the team that acquires him?

Can we quit bashing UNC fans...

I'm a huge Carolina fan and most of the time I'm the only one defending guys like Henderson, McBob, etc...

I can't stand people who bring their favorite college allegiance into the equation. I don't like Henderson bc makes us worse IMO. Not bc he went to duke. I don't like pj so far bc he seems to be too immature not bc he went to unc. It's infuriating to see people Be biased bc of a college game.

I hope the best for all of our players including Hendo regardless where they have played and wish people would do the same.

Archived