• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TJ Warren

Wolfcop

I'm sure we would've considered him along with McDermott if Vonleh wasn't available.  I thought Vonleh being available made him a must-take pick.  He can be a serious force in this league so don't put too much bank in the summer league.  

The guys ready to step up day-1 will look great right now and TJ is one of those guys.   

He shot 26% from the 3pt line last season.

Wow.  I didn't realize that until I checked it out.  He still has a way of putting it in the hoop but that stat is interesting...especially given the drop from the year prior.  

With the supporting backcourt in Phoenix, he's gonna a strong fit there.  

Warren doesn't exactly shoot well from the perimeter and his free throw percentage is pretty poor. Personally, I don't think he'll ever develop a perimeter game because the extra three feet from the college three point line to the pro line will make a huge difference.

However, he can fill it up with the best of them. He has a fantastic mid-range game, rebounds with the best of them, and plays solid defense.

Phoenix got a very good player.

He can score. We need scorers. And, his jumper will improve. Lebron could not shoot when he entered the League, either.

Comparing him to LeBron shows your homerism. TJ is a good player but he would be a terrible fit in Charlotte. Also, SL is a glorified pick up game against horrible players. He's not gonna do that during the regular season.

We don't need scorers, we need 3pt shooters. Kemba, Al, & Marvin can all score. We need a wing who can shoot. TJ would be horrible beside Henderson/MKG. He can't shoot and create space for Big Al or take pressure off Kemba.

Charlotte already has a pair of starting wings who can't shoot the ball. Warren would've been a terrible fit.

Not quite. 

Warren is a straight scorer regardless if he isnt a 3pt shooter. Something we do not have one the wing (not at the SF position anyways). 

Archived