• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Dungy: "I wouldn't have taken him." (Michael Sam)

lindseyjw14

I agree with Tony...Let's let football be football...If you have the talent to play, then make the team like everyone else. If you want to just draw attention then join the Circus.

Michael Sams is trying to turn the NFL into a Circus. He just wants attention because he's not good enough to play at this level. Here come the clowns.

Lol how is that a bigoted statement? People throw around that word like its nothin

Sterling didn't want black people at his games. Dungy doesn't want gay people on his team. There's not much of a difference.

He can use the "media circus, distractions" excuse all he wants. He's just another religious man who doesn't like gay people. Dungy almost signed Mike Vick & his media circus after he got out of prison. He had no problem with the media circus that would've came with signing a dog torturing POS, but sign a gay man? No, we just can't deal with all the media attention and distractions.

Horse sh*t.

I agree with Tony...Let's let football be football...If you have the talent to play, then make the team like everyone else. If you want to just draw attention then join the Circus.

Michael Sams is trying to turn the NFL into a Circus. He just wants attention because he's not good enough to play at this level. Here come the clowns.

Did you think about what you were typing before you actually typed it?  That's not at all what Dungy said.  Everything Dungy said regarding not taking Sam was about the problems that might have arose in the locker room and the extra media attention.  It had nothing to do with Sam's talent.

You've already written Sam off as not having the talent to play in the NFL, but now he has the chance to prove that he does.  Maybe he will, maybe he won't. 

I understand what he's saying, but I would've expected him to be smart enough to not actually say it.

Why should he have to sensor what he has to say. He's not saying that he hates gays and are intolerant of him. That's what a bigot is. Yet people wana label people bigots for the slightest connotation of being against it.

He was simply saying he didn't want the distractions. What is wrong with that? The dude was real close to teaming up with freaking Oprah.

Archived