• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Dungy: "I wouldn't have taken him." (Michael Sam)

lindseyjw14

http://deadspin.com/tony-dungy-says-he-wouldnt-want-to-deal-with-taking-m-1608350383

"I wouldn't have taken him,'' said former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy, now an analyst for NBC. "Not because I don't believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn't want to deal with all of it.

"It's not going to be totally smooth … things will happen.''

Tony Dungy is the man who wouldn't have anything to do with his own son, who had major drug problems and eventually committed suicide. I guess he knows all about avoiding people who may come with extra baggage.

Tony's gonna get some heat for this one. In the media, he's now the biggot that's fine with guys that just got out of prison. Oh, and he's black too. It all depends on whether or not the networks want to ruin his rep or not, but his Mr. Good Guy days may be numbered.

The cast of Duck Dynasty makes controversial statements yet people still tune in.

different demographic but I suppose it's a toss up...ESPN and ABC are all about pro-Michael Sam. It just depends on if they want to run with it. Do we need to bring up a certain Clippers owner?

Who is being forced to sell his team? I think he's getting a forced punishment. Had they fined and banned him eventually he would sell the team on his own because free agents would refuse to come. But everyone likes it when a billionaire fails.

Who is being forced to sell his team? I think he's getting a forced punishment. Had they fined and banned him eventually he would sell the team on his own because free agents would refuse to come. But everyone likes it when a billionaire fails.

GENIUS I'm talking about media attention. That's it. What if TMZ hadn't ever published the damn tape? What if ESPN though it was a non-story? None of it would've happened

My whole point is if the networks want it to move mountains, it will. Period.

Thought technically a suicide, I always heard his son died during autoerotic asphyxiation. No many young folks hang themselves these days.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I never heard about that. Doesn't change the fact that the "good guy" Tony Dungy wouldn't have anything to do with his own child, though.

Dungy is a good guy. Anyone who is hating on him needs to get a life. He's entitled to his own opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yeah, Tony's a great guy. I'm sure his son would back that statement. Wait, never mind.

Archived