• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Patriots Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

Our o line is going to have to step up - the pats got back some guys they didnt have last year when we played them.  Would hate to see Cam get hurt in a meaningless game.

Byron Bell is like Bishop. He feeds on the hate and transfers that energy to the field. I kind of feel bad for the Patriot defense.

Are you sure you watched the right guy? He tried to knock a TE, and got trucked. Hit a RB, and the back bounced off and kept going. Miss-played a screen. He did knock down a pass, but that was the only play I saw him make.

I was watching to see how he did. It may have been just one of those games for him, but he did not look good.

I was watching his coverage more, but he knocked the crap out of Celek at one point.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Broadcast question: The game starts at 7:30 but the Charleston-area CBS channel listing shows that they are not showing it until 8:00.

Is the listing wrong?  Do they delay it 30 minutes and start from the beginning behind real-time?  Or do they simply not show the first 30 minutes?   I'd hate to miss the starters.

Google searches have gotten nowhere.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Are you sure you watched the right guy? He tried to knock a TE, and got trucked. Hit a RB, and the back bounced off and kept going. Miss-played a screen. He did knock down a pass, but that was the only play I saw him make.

I was watching to see how he did. It may have been just one of those games for him, but he did not look good.

I thought he looked good too. He was quick to the ball carrier. He blew up Celek and Maclin.

Broadcast question: The game starts at 7:30 but the Charleston-area CBS channel listing shows that they are not showing it until 8:00.

Is the listing wrong? Do they delay it 30 minutes and start from the beginning behind real-time? Or do they simply not show the first 30 minutes? I'd hate to miss the starters.

Google searches have gotten nowhere. Thanks in advance for your help!

Uverse has it airing at 7:30

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Rivera on the Pats:

"They're a team you use as a measuring stick," head coach Ron Rivera said. "This will be a good test. It should give us a good feel for where we are and what we need to work on."

Tom Brady on the Panthers:

"It’s a good game to really gauge where we’re at because we’re playing a really good team, a great defense,” Brady said. “So, this will tell us where we’re at. ... This is big week ... [They are] a very unique team that is very good."

Doug Kyed @ DougKyedNESN

There are scouts from BAL, DET, HOU, KC, MIA, MIN, NYG, PIT, TB and two CFL teams at the Panthers - Patriots preseason game tonight.

BvqxXN2IMAAe7Gv.jpg

ESPN-Boston:

"With Panthers coach Ron Rivera saying he plans to play his top players 30-35 plays, and quarterback Tom Brady relaying that Bill Belichick told players to expect a heavy workload, this is as close to a regular-season feel as one can get in the preseason."

Boston Herald lists Cam Newton as one of their 5 things to watch tonight:

"Newton rushed for four third-down conversions against the Pats during last year’s regular-season meeting: 24 yards on third-and-6, 14 yards on third and-7, 15 yards on third-and-6 and 3 yards on third-and-2. The Pats have done a nice job containing mobile quarterbacks Robert Griffin III and (to a lesser degree) Nick Foles through two weeks of joint practices and preseason games, but Newton brings a whole new element when he’s right. Thing is, Newton is still recovering from ankle surgery and didn’t rush a single time during 11 drop-backs last week against the Chiefs, but he was sacked twice."

Panthers.com also lists Cam as one of their 4 things to watch tonight:

"The Panthers also are interested to see what their quarterback will do. ... In his first game since offseason ankle surgery,..Newton looked a little rusty – understandably – when he tried to escape the pocket a couple of times ... The Panthers..will be looking for him to look like his old self.

"When he was scrambling around the other day, if he had tucked it and run with it, then to me in his mind he's 100 percent," Rivera said. "I think he's really close, and I think he thinks he's really close. When he all of a sudden cuts it loose and completely lets it go, then I'll know that he believes."

"It's getting better," Newton said of his ankle. "There's daily progress, and that's what we're aiming for."

2YJ30.AuSt.156.JPG

Archived