• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice News

Growl

I'm really hopin and prayin we strike it big with Boston.

He's a different breed of Safety than the other guys we have competing and if he came in and was good that would be just superb.

he'll definitely be a FS and unless Decoud gets hurt Boston should sit this year----which is a good thing, Boston is talented but I think not starting off the bat would really benefit him 

There was a statistic last year that said sliding leads to more injuries than diving forward or to the side.

The scenario where you MUST slide is more dangerous than the scenario where you might be diving forward though. . not sure, just saying to consider all the variables.

Why? Is it worth it? Will a few series against the Steelers scrubs really make that much difference? Particularly when weighed against the possibility of further injury?

When it comes down to improving his timing with WRS not named Benjamin...then yes. He missed a lot of time this offseason.

The only reason sliding is dangerous is because players don't use it as intended. The rule was put in to allow QBs to surrender themselves from a big hit. Instead QBs try to get every inch they can before initiating their slide. Even then, they try to draw the penalty by waiting to the last second.

Bob Griffin talks all the time about trying to draw flags by baiting contact on the sidelines. Then he gets injured and wonders why.

The act of sliding does not cause the injury. But sliding safely is essentially giving up on the play (or drive) and running QBs don't do that. 

I prefer the way Cam goes down to sliding.

If someone on the defense thinks its worth the 15 yard penalty to put that lick on it is going to do way more damage. 

15 yards?  The hit is legal.  Even it was a 15-yard penalty, would it be worth it to the defense? 

A: Yes.

Cam should slide like this...

pete-rose-slide.jpg

But being serious, I don't see how hard it is for Cam to learn how to slide.  He has been quoted as saying he wasn't very good at baseball but damn, I have taught countless kids to slide below the age of 10.  Shoulder first just looks like a good way to snap a collar bone.

Whatev's, just hope he gets well soon.

Archived