• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Punt Returner Free Agents

KillerKat

We're gonna scraping the bottom of the barrel regardless.

If all we can hope for is a couple of guys who maybe did something several years ago then I'd just rather keep Brown or use Cason.

Those guys could be the difference between a huge mistake and field possession for the offense. I would much rather have a vet back there that looks comfortable fielding punts than a rookie who has already shown he has drop problems.

I'd say wait until the cuts tomorrow and Saturday, and then there would be a better gauge of things. 

I'm not opposed to using Philly, but I think that he may take a while to learn. I thought that while watching the game. Maybe he needs to sit back for about 8 weeks, really learn and grasp the offense/special teams/returner role, and we'll go from there. I do believe we need a stop gap, though.

Generally I think when it comes to the return game you either have it or you don't. Sitting him won't really do any good unless we plan on keeping him to contribute at WR possibly. Even when we signed Ginn there were a lot of people who didn't think he would contribute much.

IMO there are only maybe 2 or 3 guys out there worth even taking a look at right now.

Philly is your week one starting PR, Rivera just sad it in the post game interview

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Then I assume we have old Ron back. The HC who makes the headscratching choices

Williams will probably open up at Tampa with our first 5 carries for 7 yards too

The only issue I have is the drops...granted he has done a fine job recovering all of them and staying with it...but that won't always be the case. Footballs don't always bounce your way. Would like to upgrade the position but I'm afraid we are stuck with what we've got.

Generally I think when it comes to the return game you either have it or you don't. Sitting him won't really do any good unless we plan on keeping him to contribute at WR possibly. Even when we signed Ginn there were a lot of people who didn't think he would contribute much.

IMO there are only maybe 2 or 3 guys out there worth even taking a look at right now.

People didn't think Ginn would contribute much as a WR

For the first time in years we went into that season with a solid returner

People didn't think Ginn would contribute much as a WR

For the first time in years we went into that season with a solid returner

Yet Ginn may be on his way out of Arizona already.

Ginn was decent, but we've had such a terrible return game for so long that people have little standards for the position.

Yet Ginn may be on his way out of Arizona already.

Ginn was decent, but we've had such a terrible return game for so long that people have little standards for the position.

What the fug? Revising history to make your point. Nice. Ginn was more than "decent".

Archived