• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Cautionary Tale - Tampa Bay Opener

Jeremy Igo

I love how everyone's expert opinion on if we'll beat the bucs comes from such solid indicators as the team starts slow, Tampa has our number, we're the Panthers, we should be used to it.

How about this.

They have 35 year old Josh McCown at QB.  He's not going to have all those elite receivers he had in Chicago. 

The Bucs offense line, despite get Mankins, isn't very good.  Mankins has a week to get up to speed with a completly new team.  And as much as I hate Bill Belichick he knows when to cut a player.  Seems as soon as he cuts them they suddenly get really bad.  Remember when they traded Randy Moss to the Vikings and he was cut a few weeks later. 

Our defense is going to do nicely against them. 

Their defense is good but I think our offense will surprise us.  With Stewart we'll be able to run enough for keep them guessing and then it's the Benji and Olsen show. 

Panthers - 20  Bucs - 13

Is this confirmed anywhere? The only thing I can find is the home jersey schedule. Last year the team put out one for all the games.

Yes. I had heard it and then I Googled it to confirm. I think it's on the Panthers site. I would link but I'm on my phone and too lazy.

Edit: pretty sure we are wearing blue for the SNF game too.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes. I had heard it and then I Googled it to confirm. I think it's on the Panthers site. I would link but I'm on my phone and too lazy.

Edit: pretty sure we are wearing blue for the SNF game too.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks.

This type of realism has made me less optimistic about this game haha. Love me some Deangelo but he has been more of a home run hitter lately and more so in the third and fourth quarters. Would like us pound their defense the first half and let him come in late to exploit it. But what do I know?

Archived