• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign Stephen hill you assholes

Fiz

Bersin deserves a shot and he should get that this season.Even if your wish comes true, Bersin sticks.

Bersin is easily the odd man out of the receiving corps, if we were to sign another receiver. He doesn't stick if Hill is signed.

People are way too high on Bersin. Just be happy he's made the 53 man roster for the moment.

He is the first guy from Wofford to make a NFL team since Richardson. He went from undrafted, to practice squad, to the squad by simply working his butt off. No one is proclaming him to be a future #1, but so far he's proven to have very dependable hands. I honestly think it's the other way around. People went from high on him, to saying he will only have 50 yards receiving for the year, to slurping Philly and wanting Bersin cut to bring in a guy that the freaking Jets don't think is good enough. Hill may have the speed and the size, but I'd rather have Bersin's sure hands.

Just judging by where he was playing in preseason, versus both Cotchery and Avant, he's definitely below them on the depth chart.

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Philly. I believe that if you bobble punts in preseason, you're going to do it in the regular season. He's the one guy I'd look to replace, but he should only be cut if we're sure we have found someone to replace his return abilities.

Last year Melvin White played his way on the roster with his camp and preseason, was lower on the depth chart than some more veteran guys.  This was proved to be a good move as he ended up starting for us and doing a decent job.  I think this year Bersin can be this years White on offense.  We can have differences on this position, I just think if we let go of Bersin, we will regret it down the line.

He is the first guy from Wofford to make a NFL team since Richardson. He went from undrafted, to practice squad, to the squad by simply working his butt off. No one is proclaming him to be a future #1, but so far he's proven to have very dependable hands. I honestly think it's the other way around. People went from high on him, to saying he will only have 50 yards receiving for the year, to slurping Philly and wanting Bersin cut to bring in a guy that the freaking Jets don't think is good enough. Hill may have the speed and the size, but I'd rather have Bersin's sure hands.

Nobody's slurping Philly. But he returns kicks and somebodys got to do it. It's an nfl roster, every player has a purpose and a value. The starting returner has more value than the 5th string receiver.

I don't see how being from Wofford or being undrafted helps Bersin.

Nobody's slurping Philly. But he returns kicks and somebodys got to do it. It's an nfl roster, every player has a purpose and a value. The starting returner has more value than the 5th string receiver.

I don't see how being from Wofford or being undrafted helps Bersin.

Philly is the 5th string receiver? And call it a hunch, but I don't just find it a coincidence that Bersin, from Charlotte, the first Terrier to be in the NFL since Richardson, is playing in Charlotte for Richardson. Trust me, he earned it, but being from Wofford helped his case immensely. 

I too want us to sign Hill, because if anyone can make him into anything, it will be Proehl. 

And sadly, as great as Bersin's story is right now, I fear Fiz is right and he likely will not amount to much, if anything, before being cut in favor of another roster move.

Hill has size and speed, and we need both.  He just needs to be coached up.

Philly is the 5th string receiver? And call it a hunch, but I don't just find it a coincidence that Bersin, from Charlotte, the first Terrier to be in the NFL since Richardson, is playing in Charlotte for Richardson. Trust me, he earned it, but being from Wofford helped his case immensely.

I was saying Bersin is the 5th string receiver. I still don't see how a nice backstory helps the dude stick on the roster.

If we sign another returner, Philly is gone.

If we sign another receiver that doesn't return kicks, Bersin is gone.

Archived