• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let Cam Sit This Week

chknwing

Cam didnt throw at all today during practice. In my book hes going to be a no go. Even if he plays it will be Cam that hasnt practiced full with a brand new WR corps, a bad ankle and cracked rib. DA and KB has looked equally as good together in pre season as Cam and KB. If you have a elite D like us you can win with bad QBs, The Golden Calf of Bristol with the Broncos and Alex Smith comes to mind.

Why people would want cam to start with no practice and as banged up as he is is beyond me

Dude, practice isn't even over yet.  He didn't throw during the time that media was allowed to be there, which is mostly warm-ups/stretching.  He was told to "get loose" as the media folks were leaving.  The guy has a hairline fracture.  QB's have played with much worse rib injuries, and missed no time.  The Dr's already said it would be completely healed in about 4 weeks, maybe less.  It's beyond me why people act like the guy is broke in half.

Doesn't look like he's in horrible shape near the end of this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ziLuLBlL8

Cam didnt throw at all today during practice. In my book hes going to be a no go. Even if he plays it will be Cam that hasnt practiced full with a brand new WR corps, a bad ankle and cracked rib. DA and KB has looked equally as good together in pre season as Cam and KB. If you have a elite D like us you can win with bad QBs, The Golden Calf of Bristol with the Broncos and Alex Smith comes to mind.

Why people would want cam to start with no practice and as banged up as he is is beyond me

Uh, to win? Also he was told to loosen up as the horn blew for media to leave. So nobody knows the extent of his practice after that.

And he's been practicing fully with them all summer, just spotty this past week.

The ankle was never going to stop him, he's just going to have to get more confident with it.

And that 'new wr' crap applies to DA too. 2nd team reps against 2nd string D in an offensive scheme optimized for Newton applies to him too.

Dude, practice isn't even over yet.  He didn't throw during the time that media was allowed to be there, which is mostly warm-ups/stretching.  He was told to "get loose" as the media folks were leaving.  The guy has a hairline fracture.  QB's have played with much worse rib injuries, and missed no time.  The Dr's already said it would be completely healed in about 4 weeks, maybe less.  It's beyond me why people act like the guy is broke in half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ziLuLBlL8

I just got diagnosed with a grade 3 sprain (2 ligament tears and a bone bruise), I still joke around a lot, and walk enough that someone could be convinced I was alright, but I'm not.  Cam still might not be good, but he's gonna still be himself.  That said, I trust the coaching staff, but I'd say if there is even a REMOTE possibility of making cams injury worse (ankle or ribs), you bite the bullet and play DA.  I mean, if you never expect to have to use your Backup QB, then why the hell do we even pay him, might as well not have one if you don't play him when he's actually needed.

I just got diagnosed with a grade 3 sprain (2 ligament tears and a bone bruise), I still joke around a lot, and walk enough that someone could be convinced I was alright, but I'm not. Cam still might not be good, but he's gonna still be himself. That said, I trust the coaching staff, but I'd say if there is even a REMOTE possibility of making cams injury worse (ankle or ribs), you bite the bullet and play DA. I mean, if you never expect to have to use your Backup QB, then why the hell do we even pay him, might as well not have one if you don't play him when he's actually needed.

Yeah but by that logic you could argue to sit Cam until week 5ish. I don't think the 'remote possibility' is a good argument because he could get hurt any time.

Now, if it was a banged up knee (rg3 status) that's a different story that could totally affect his future. People less tough than Cam have played through the same injury. I expect him to as well unless the pain is so severe that he is ineffective.

Dude, practice isn't even over yet. He didn't throw during the time that media was allowed to be there, which is mostly warm-ups/stretching. He was told to "get loose" as the media folks were leaving. The guy has a hairline fracture. QB's have played with much worse rib injuries, and missed no time. The Dr's already said it would be completely healed in about 4 weeks, maybe less. It's beyond me why people act like the guy is broke in half.

Off topic but Hill looked really good with that route and catch, already looks better than the vid from yesterday.

I just got diagnosed with a grade 3 sprain (2 ligament tears and a bone bruise), I still joke around a lot, and walk enough that someone could be convinced I was alright, but I'm not.  Cam still might not be good, but he's gonna still be himself.  That said, I trust the coaching staff, but I'd say if there is even a REMOTE possibility of making cams injury worse (ankle or ribs), you bite the bullet and play DA.  I mean, if you never expect to have to use your Backup QB, then why the hell do we even pay him, might as well not have one if you don't play him when he's actually needed.

I disagree.  I highly doubt he'd be doing what he's doing in this video, and the one posted yesterday, if he was in such horrible pain.  Joking around, and moving around like he was, are two completely different things.  Not only Panthers staff, but outside Dr's, have all said it's just about getting past the soreness.  He's just going to have to work through it.  Even DA played with broken ribs before.  Nobody is sitting their starting QB with a similar injury to Cam's.

Cam missing practice Wed due to rib pain will probably mean that he'll need pain killing injections on game day. If he refuses the pain killers, then he'll have to play with the kind of pain that makes it very difficult to focus, and I'd rather start DA if that's the case.

Yeah but by that logic you could argue to sit Cam until week 5ish. I don't think the 'remote possibility' is a good argument because he could get hurt any time.

Now, if it was a banged up knee (rg3 status) that's a different story that could totally affect his future. People less tough than Cam have played through the same injury. I expect him to as well unless the pain is so severe that he is ineffective.

True, if it is just the ribs, then sure, but I'm not sure that it is.  I think the ribs are partially a smokescreen for some limitations still there with his ankle.  If he's hesitant to run because of his ankle, and has a ding on his ribs, you have to worry about him, especially given how weak the panthers are at tackle.  Because of that, you risk a legitimate chance of him getting hurt long term.

I agree Cam should sit.

Anderson or even Webb can do pretty much what a sore Cam will do on Sunday if he were to start : Hand the ball off and make a few passes. As far as a pure passing goes, I do not see that Cam is any better than DA. Take away the scramble/read options which Cam most likely wouldn't be doing anyway because of the injury...and there doesnt seem to be much of a difference..certainly not one to risk aggravating either of his injuries.

Hahahahahahaha. Awesome.

With Cams injury and DA's overrated status on this board, not to mention his throwing hand and lack of mobility, I mentioned a week or so back that Webb might hold our best chance of winning.  Course, I was poo pooed by all the football minds here.  TB will be ready, hope our offense is.  And hope I am wrong about CAM and DA

lol @ Joe Webb holding our best chance of winning.  You cannot be serious.  If he has a shot to lead a team to a win, he wouldn't have been trying to make our team as the 3rd QB.

Archived