• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Behind Enemy Lines - Bucs Edition

Jeremy Igo

NFL blog:

on the Bucs:

"The fact is the NFC is loaded and this (2014 Bucs) team seems to be in transition with a new coaching staff and many questions needing to be answered once the 2014 season starts. Figure the Buccaneers to improve slightly and go 5-11 this season as they look to better days in the future."

on the Panthers:

"With the changes made on the offensive side of the ball, especially with the wide receivers, the Panthers will be under the microscope early on in the new season, but with a quarterback like Cam Newton, who can hurt opposing defenses with both his arm and his legs, the Panthers should be fine.

The defense is outstanding and rivals that of Seattle and San Francisco in the NFC, which gives the Panthers a chance every week they suit up. The front seven are outstanding and led by Luke Kuechly, the linebacking is among the best in the game...the front four of this ferocious defense terrorized opposing quarterbacks last season.

As long as Newton remains healthy and the running game keeps things moving along, the offense should provide enough to not put any unnecessary pressure on the defense. This team could very well win the NFC South again this season."

I'm gonna be the spy on Cam all Sunday. Oh, whoops. I was supposed to keep that under wraps!

In related news, I walked around practice all day yesterday, pointing towards where the Offense was practicing and doing my Admiral Ackbar impression, "It's a tarp!". The guys loved it.

Oh, I'm probably going to break the fibulas of Jon Stewart and Greg Olsen on Sunday. Apologizing in advance.

what's it like not even being the best OLB in the NFC South?

Thomas Davis says hi.

Oh, then you must be new to football forums. Welcome to being a fan of the NFL! Did you jump on the bandwagon right after Cam was drafted, or this past offseason?

You do realize stupid fug that he started this website over 10 years ago and has spent more time on the Panthers sideline than you have dreaming of moving out of your stepdad's basement, right?

I'm sure you want to be the torch bearer for your pathetic fan base but you don't even put in enough effort to be good at trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

• Pie 1

Guest JonKitna

You do realize stupid fug that he started this website over 10 years ago and has spent more time on the Panthers sideline than you have dreaming of moving out of your stepdad's basement, right?

I'm sure you want to be the torch bearer for your pathetic fan base but you don't even put in enough effort to be good at trolling.

Wow, do you know him or something? You guys sound really close.

Forgiveness helps heal all wounds, brother. :)

Guest JonKitna

Just annoyed when trolls try to hijack the legitimate threads instead of going to the smack forum

Oh, I see. Gotcha.

How's that iPhone? I went to an IMAX movie once and it was amazing!

Tampa Bay Times:

It's the one thing no team ever wants to hear.

No one cares. You're not on the radar.

You don't matter.

You might not like it, but that's kind of where the Bucs are just a couple of days before the start of their 2014 season.

Fans have jumped off the Bucs' ship. Season tickets have dipped to, some estimate, below 30,000. Only a change in the NFL blackout rules and the Glazers buying up tickets kept games from being blacked out on local television last season, and will keep the team on local TV this season.

That's irrelevant.

Just the other day, the Bucs sent out a letter that if you've been a season-ticket holder going back to only 2007 — just seven years ago and the last time the team truly mattered -- you could bring two friends to Sunday's season opener for free.

That's really irrelevant.

It's one thing to get no attention outside of Tampa Bay, but it's another to fight to get noticed down the street. That, however, is what happens when the losing seasons pile on top of one another.

Since 2007, every other team in the NFC South — the Saints, Falcons and Panthers — has won the division twice. ... While the (three other NFC South) teams have traded division titles, the Bucs have taken up residence at the bottom. In the past five seasons, the Bucs have finished last in the NFC South four times.

That's irrelevant.