• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's post game presser

JawnyBlaze

"I made the decision.  It was in the best interest of the Carolina Panthers."

In case some of y'all haven't been paying attention over the last few years, you might not know that Chico is an Army brat.  And that his Dad was a career Army officer.

So what he said quoted above?  That's a little thing you call LEADERSHIP.  Rivera has been around it all his life, within his family, and within his football career.

No timetable for Hardy return, but Rivera indicates he'll play this season. "The climate has changed. ... We have to get this right."

This could be interpeted after the trail in November. Keywordn he didn't say next week.

Well, we know two things for sure: He definitely won't return in the Sunday Night game next week, and against the Ravens. So that means, he'll sit out two more games, if he comes back at all; pending his court date results.

"I made the decision. It was in the best interest of the Carolina Panthers."

In case some of y'all haven't been paying attention over the last few years, you might not know that Chico is an Army brat. And that his Dad was a career Army officer.

So what he said quoted above? That's a little thing you call LEADERSHIP. Rivera has been around it all his life, within his family, and within his football career.

That's how I'm 100% sure it wasn't his decision. He will claim it and be the fall guy but I'm pretty sure Big Cat gave him virtually no choice.

That's how I'm 100% sure it wasn't his decision. He will claim it and be the fall guy but I'm pretty sure Big Cat gave him virtually no choice.

I agree.

But leadership means taking ownership over the decision yourself.  Rivera did and it may be one of the most impressive moments of Rivera's career IMO.

It's really weird that Hardy will be active for the rest of the year, but inactive today. I don't really know if I understand that.

I didn't hear him say that. I heard him say hardy would play again but when asked when he said he didn't know. After the process plays out.... or something to that effect.

Megakudos to RR for making it clear the legal process must be allowed to play out, and for making it clear the situation must be handled with measured response and dignity, something today's media is incapable of comprehending, much less actually doing it.  I especially liked him saying he wanted football questions, and one more regarding Hardy, and it was over.  He made good on that promise too.  I'm really enjoying watching his progress in all aspects of coaching, leadership, and being a face of the organization.  Would not be a bit surprised if he didn't have a little chat with Shula on the obvious adjustments made from the beginning of Q2 onwards.  Cam looked like Brady during  series after series with those quick reads and often laser like passes.  Were it not for more than a couple drops, we'd have had another 7 on the board.  Another great performance by Luke and our D today too.  Someone wrote last week Keek can really fill out a stat line.  He did again today and made a few more remarkable plays that there isn't a stat for.

TLDR:  Great presser by RR and very enjoyable/impressive win by our guys on both sides of the ball.

Archived