• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9/19 practice tweets

nosuchthingasapanther

I'm not sure what DeAngelo has done to get the hate he does. It's good to know he's ready to go this week.

Deangelo to a lot is the poster child for our salary cap woes.  So they only can see the good when it's so obvious they can't argue against it.  If Deangelo would have carried the ball 15 times for 37 yards.. there would have been a bitch fest all week.  When Stewart does it, all you hear is "Well Detroit stacked the box!!!"

Deangelo gets stopped behind the line, some think "if it was steward it wouldn't have been a loss" .

Stewart gets stopped behind the line,  some think " our blocking sucks".

Deangelo makes it to the edge for 6 yard gain, some think " the old Deangelo would have broke that"

Stewart makes it to the edge for 3 yard gain,  some think " look he has speed and power".

Deangelo breaks through for a long gain , some think " well that still doesn't justify his salary".

Steward breaks tackles for a long gain,  some think " well he is the best running back on the team by a wide margin".

It's been happening for years now ... It's gotten real old but what can you do.  They need something to do when Byron Bell isn't sucking and Godfrey doesn't play as much.

So if Cotch and Avant are out we roll with Kelvin, Bersin, Philly, and Lucas/Hill? Ouch.

First week ,  win without our QB

Second week, win missing starting DE and starting RB.

Third week,  win without 2nd and 3rd WR.

Week 16, win naked with no pads with Tolbert kicking FG's.

We are so good, we have to give handicaps....

I'm rather glad we've had the success we've had at running the ball the last 10 years.  Fox made it a point to be productive there and it wasn't until someone above him stepped in and changed the dynamics by signing an aging RB to a longterm deal.  What was DLo supposed to do? Turn it down and say it was too much money?  Then Stewart was offered almost the same thing.  What would you have done?

Just looking at stats, both Stewart and DLo have a career average of over 4.5 ypc each, they both average 6 TDs a year which is pretty good for almost a 50/50 split over their career together, for receiving yards they average around 8.5-9 ypc and about 1 TD a year.  Add in the fact that they know the system inside and out and have perfect chemistry with each other and the starting offensive roster.  Not sure what the statistics are like league wide with fumbles but they've each had their share and IMO, its expected to happen (surprisingly, Williams has lost almost every single fumble he's had).

They are complete football players who have the body size for RB.  Simply, they're good athletes.

Yes they're over paid for their age.  Still, not their fault and in 2 years, I believe neither will be on our team.  Perhaps one or both will be lucky enough to win a Ring with the Panthers. For this year especially, who would have been the better person to keep on the team, Williams or Barner?  Should we have cut Stewart so that Reaves could have been on active roster from day 1?  I think 90% of the fans would have stuck with Williams and Stewart since cutting them would have done nothing for our cap space.

Deangelo to a lot is the poster child for our salary cap woes.  So they only can see the good when it's so obvious they can't argue against it.  If Deangelo would have carried the ball 15 times for 37 yards.. there would have been a bitch fest all week.  When Stewart does it, all you hear is "Well Detroit stacked the box!!!"

Deangelo gets stopped behind the line, some think "if it was steward it wouldn't have been a loss" .

Stewart gets stopped behind the line,  some think " our blocking sucks".

Deangelo makes it to the edge for 6 yard gain, some think " the old Deangelo would have broke that"

Stewart makes it to the edge for 3 yard gain,  some think " look he has speed and power".

Deangelo breaks through for a long gain , some think " well that still doesn't justify his salary".

Steward breaks tackles for a long gain,  some think " well he is the best running back on the team by a wide margin".

It's been happening for years now ... It's gotten real old but what can you do.  They need something to do when Byron Bell isn't sucking and Godfrey doesn't play as much.

Jesus Christ the level of delusion I encounter on forums never ceases to amaze me.  Just a couple weeks ago, the majority of the fanbase ragged on Stewart and wished he was more like Deangelo.  There is no double standard.  It's short memory syndrome.  No one remembers past last week.  There is no ridiculous double standard at work here.  We all know they are both good backs.  They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and both have been running behind a sub-par OLine since 2009.  Some of us might like Deangelo more for one reason or another, and some might like Stewart more.  But this melodramatic dichotomy between how we all collectively perceive Stewart vs. Deangelo is just pure fiction.

Jesus Christ the level of delusion I encounter on forums never ceases to amaze me.  Just a couple weeks ago, the majority of the fanbase ragged on Stewart and wished he was more like Deangelo.  There is no double standard.  It's short memory syndrome.  No one remembers past last week.  There is no ridiculous double standard at work here.  We all know they are both good backs.  They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and both have been running behind a sub-par OLine since 2009.  Some of us might like Deangelo more for one reason or another, and some might like Stewart more.  But this melodramatic dichotomy between how we all collectively perceive Stewart vs. Deangelo is just pure fiction.

You must be new.....

Archived