• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it time to start worrying about Charles Johnson?

Mage

I usually never make threads around here and I hate to make threads like this because I don't want to seem like I am overreacting but third game in a row and Charles Johnson is invisible.  I had no issue with it the first two weeks because while he wasn't doing anything positive, he wasn't a detriment either.  However, tonight, I think he is quite clearly behind the rest of our DL (Short, Lotulelei, Edwards, Addison).

When Pittsburgh was pushed back, Johnson failed to remain discipline and tried to execute a pass rush hoping for them to pass and possibly get a safety, giving Gilbert an easy job of shielding him away while Pittsburgh dialed up a run play to catch him off guard.  Aside from that, Johnson literally makes no impact in the run game like he had in the past (most noticeably 2010/2011) and his pass rush is just about nonexistent.

Is it time to start worrying about his lack of production and performance?  I have always been a big fan of his and never understood why so many people on here thought he wasn't worth the contract when he was the only quality DL we had until Hardy broke out and we ended up with Edwards, Star, and KK.  But so far, Johnson looks bad.  I don't think it is a stretch to say he has been, clearly, the worst player in the front seven so far.

Archived