• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Is ON WFNZ Having A Confessional, Won't Let the Story End

FootballMaestro

The last GM we had was everybody's friend.  Where did that get us?

Belichick is the Patriots de facto GM, and he's far from the only guy with a rep for being a jerk.  Likewise, the Steelers are known to let popular players walk all the time.  That's two of the more perennially successful franchises in the league.  An all business approach doesn't seem to be hurting them.

To tell the truth, having a players coach (the guy directly dealing with the players most frequently) and a GM who's all business (the guy who has to make it all work) is actually an ideal combination.

hurney's problem was these ridiculous contracts he handed out, and trading up for scrubs. according to the story smith didn't get that chance, he's been here 13 years so this is different then letting a player walk and having a fallout like he explained. for the most part the steelers have kept there old vets,ike taylor, troy, harrison, ect.....hell i think harrison came out of retirement recently.

also pats fans are arrogant and douche-bags resemblance of there coach, do you want our fan base to become a reflection of our gm?

players coach and a guy as describe by smith is not an ideal combination, especially if that's how he is handling things behind close doors

this sounds like dave mustaine talking about getting kicked out of metallica

i promise you if steve smith gets inducted into the hall of fame he's going to take a piss shot at the panthers on the podium in canton

an I promise you he won't. He may take a shot at rr and DG, but certainly not the organization.

He asked you if you would be over it and you respond with, " uh because I'm a grown man." That doesn't answer his question. Hard to believe a grown man can't answer a question

i said "uh PROBABLY because i'm a grown man

an I promise you he won't. He may take a shot at rr and DG, but certainly not the organization.

RR and DG are apart of this organization. In fact they are a MAJOR part

hurney's problem was these ridiculous contracts he handed out, and trading up for scrubs. according to the story smith didn't get that chance, he's been here 13 years so this is different then letting a player walk and having a fallout like he explained. for the most part the steelers have kept there old vets,ike taylor, troy, harrison, ect.....hell i think harrison came out of retirement recently.

also pats fans are arrogant and douche-bags resemblance of there coach, do you want our fan base to become a reflection of our gm?

players coach and a guy as describe by smith is not an ideal combination, especially if that's how he is handling things behind close doors

Listen to Bill Voth's discussion of it on The Mac Attack (link)

It starts about 25 minutes in.

This is on another thread, but even Smith said during his little tirade on the radio that Gettleman called him in and told him he was going to be traded or released. Then a day or two before actual release Smith had lunch with Big Cat who thanked him.

So if Smith says he didn't know, or no one told him to his face, he is flat lying

Archived