• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Bengals Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

I know everyone hates fantasy football questions, and I ALWAYS root for the Panthers FIRST and get happy about FF second, but I have Dalton and Cam, and am genuinely unsure about which to play.

My heart says Cam. My gut says Dalton. Mind you I had Greek food and IPA's last night so my gut could be very wrong. So very, very wrong.

Panthers fans are getting excited about AJ Green being out - and don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not complaining lol - but it hasn't been the WRs that have gashed us. It's been the RBs. I could def see a huge game on hand for Gio and Jeremy Hill. Another big test for the D. Every single person is picking the Bengals. That's usually good for us. Play better when we aren't expected to win.

Gio and Hill are very good young backs, but the Bengals are 8th-worst in the NFL averaging only 3.7 yards per rush. Their center is a 22-year-old rookie out of UNC (Russell Bodine) who is understandably struggling

on the other hand, Pittsburgh is #3 in the NFL averaging 5.0 ypc and the Ravens are #8 in the NFL averaging 4.7 ypc

this is what the Bengals running game has done this season in their 3 wins:

3.7 ypc vs Titans (AJ Green caught for 102)

3.8 ypc vs Falcons (AJ Green out with toe injury)

3.0 ypc @Ravens (AJ Green caught for 131)

I know everyone hates fantasy football questions, and I ALWAYS root for the Panthers FIRST and get happy about FF second, but I have Dalton and Cam, and am genuinely unsure about which to play.

My heart says Cam. My gut says Dalton. Mind you I had Greek food and IPA's last night so my gut could be very wrong. So very, very wrong.

Go with Dalton. That way Cam will go off today. Isn't that the way it usually happens?

In a figurative sense I always thought the "heart" and the "gut" were the same thing.

Every single person is picking the Bengals. That's usually good for us. Play better when we aren't expected to win.

Ben Maller of Fox Sports Radio

Ben Maller @benmaller 1h

Since Cam Newton came to the Panthers , he's been an

underdog of 7+ points six times, Carolina has lost every

game.

Bengals favored by 7 which i think is too high. The way i look at the Panthers losing everytime we are the underdog by 7+ is that that is like flipping a coin six times and it comes up tails all six times. You just know the chances are very high it will be heads on the 7th flip

Archived