• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ramifications for Hardy

SgtJoo

That means an admission of guilt which will go against him in court.

Dont think that would be the case, Hardy nor the panthers wanted to sit him out. He is not playing because of the commissioner and the media. The Commissioner right now is the only one that can allow him back on the field. Regardless if he is guilty or not at this point he has already sat out six games which is the rule for first time offenders. But i do get the angle of him doing something now could hurt his chances of being found innocent in court which would make the whole sitting out process useless.

He's not playing. Hold on to whatever kind of hope you want, but don't hate the league or team when you're let down.

as of now he is a panther and i believe he will remain a panther,why,well for one,from what little i know about the evidence in his misdemeanor assault case there is not enough evidence to support Nicole Holders claim in a jury trial beyond reasonable doubt and because she was under the influence of a narcotic called cocaine at the time of her alleged assault and was uncooperative with the police once they arrived and furthermore to comlicate matters or her claim she refused to be checked out medically until some time later.so, i see an innocent verdict to be the more likely outcome in this particular case and and two,well,krakens just dont grow on trees around here and JR for one, knows that,and DG can assure you they are very,very hard too find and RR is lickin' his chops for a chance to release the kraken about right now and be that defense we were ole you know, not all, so long,ago.

not only has he not been charged, but apparently one BIG reason why things are quiet is because there is the appearance of some sheisty shenanigans going on behind the scenes of the san jose police department.

This is where the legal systems come in to play.

Ray McDonald arrested for FELONY domestic violence on the spot. In California, the DA can wait 3 years to bring charges in the arraignment phase.

Greg Hardy turned himself in the following morning for MISDEMEANOR domestic violence. In North Carolina, there is no arraignment and charges are placed on an individual within the first 48 hours. Not even the DA can remove the initial charges until the process has concluded in the courts.

Two different ways states handle due process. One stands behind due process with a libertarian legal system in California and will not charge you until investigations have been conducted, and North Carolina is more totalitarian with their legal system where you are placed in a position of proving your innocence within the first 48 hours. The classic argument of liberty versus security.

If Hardy were in California, he to would be playing at this very moment as the State of California supports each person's right to due process. In North Carolina, he would need people and his organization to stand behind his right to due process for him to keep playing.

I believe it is a sad state when you have to rely on an innocent verdict to continue a persons right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

What I hate bout the entire situation is this, by buckling to the media/social pressure the Panthers effectively suspended Hardy for the year.  Everyone knows is issue won't be settled in November.  The Panthers bailed the NFL out by placing him on the exempt list.  If the Panthers would have let the NFL do the punishment then automatically he would have appealed, because of the nature of Goodell's incompetence it would have gone to arbitration, and basically we would have gotten Hardy for the entire year.   How do you go from letting the legal process play out, to not letting the legal process play out? 

Whether he is guilty or not, if you look at the effect this is having on his career its tremendous.  This is a contract year, he is going to have this hanging over him past the FA signing period, thus no one is going to offer his a huge contract with potential baggage of Domestic violence case plus a six game suspension coming up.  This has cost him millions of dollars.  If he is found not guilty whats going to happen?  Ooops sorry? 

Something has to give.  Say this trial doesn't start for another year.  Who is going to sign him if the NFL won't allow him to play until a verdict is in?

So what then?  Watch the NFL force the Panthers to pay Hardy thru entire season, then because trial still pending the NFL then takes off exempt list and say he can play until result of verdict is in.

What pisses me off is that McDonald is still playing and nobody says shitake about it.

That is exactly what would've happened for Hardy if the Panthers didn't cave.  It was all about the media seeing how far they could push it (how long they could milk the ratings).  Once everything cooled, they had to move on.

Archived