• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why did we sign Ed Dickson?

Mol3m4n

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this as well. We have several spots that will need to be addressed the next 2 years and ONLY the draft will not be enough

This isn't to mention our depleted safety position, expiring halfback contracts, CJ getting older with an expiring contract, and Ryan Kalil approaching 30. I'm scared.

Edit: Not to mention our worst part: the offensive line!

Stop reminding me how horrible our team is.  Uggggh, blow it up and let's start over with Cam, Luke, Olsen, TD, Star, KK, KB, and Norman.  And specific to this thread, let's keep Swole as well.

What has Swole done bad?  I can't think of anything.  He always looks the part whether it be catching or blocking, and yet he still can't crack Docile Ron's favorites rotation.

what about Ryan Kalil ? 

What about Graham Gano?

What about JJ Jansen?

What about Tre Boston?

Have you already given up on Trai Turner and Amini?

What about Foucalt? 

What about Norwell?

What about Kony Ealy?

What about AJ Klein?

What about Mike Tolbert?

I could keep going but this team is a few offensive lineman and a more athletic secondary away from competing again. 

I feel like what our offensive is right now, is not what it was supposed to be. Remember Tolbert and Brockel have missed the majority of the season. I think Dickson is being put in those H back positions rather than his more accustomed 2nd TE role. Plus Shula doesn't know how to send 2 TEs out on routes. 1 TE is always blocking.

what about Ryan Kalil ?

What about Graham Gano?

What about JJ Jansen?

What about Tre Boston?

What about Foucalt?

What about Norwell?

What about Kony Ealy?

What about AJ Klein?

What about Mike Tolbert?

I could keep going but this team is a few offensive lineman and a more athletic secondary away from competing again.

I have to disagree. We have important positions that are going to need to be addressed soon. Too many expiring contracts and I'm not one to believe that Gettleman is going to use free agency as his friend.

The draft can't replace 20 players.

what about Ryan Kalil ? 

What about Graham Gano?

What about JJ Jansen?

What about Tre Boston?

What about Foucalt? 

What about Norwell?

What about Kony Ealy?

What about AJ Klein?

What about Mike Tolbert?

Gano is the only guy on that list I would consider essential.  Kalil used to be, but I have no idea what has happened to him...

The rest are role players who haven't proven themselves, at least consistently yet, and could be replaced.

I'm just naming off the impact players that you build around.  We're not building a team around Kony Ealy...  Those are the type of guys you add to your core, IF THEY PAN OUT.

Stop reminding me how horrible our team is.  Uggggh, blow it up and let's start over with Cam, Luke, Olsen, TD, Star, KK, KB, and Norman.  And specific to this thread, let's keep Swole as well.

What has Swole done bad?  I can't think of anything.  He always looks the part whether it be catching or blocking, and yet he still can't crack Docile Ron's favorites rotation.

Swole has not been good blocking, which is understandable. But he gave up a big holding penalty a few weeks ago.

Swole has not been good blocking, which is understandable. But he gave up a big holding penalty a few weeks ago.

Alright, well then, let's change the scope of the argument... 

What does he do worse than Dickson?  Nothing.  What does he have more potential in than Dickson?  Everything.

He should be playing.

What does he do worse than Dickson? Nothing. What does he have more potential in than Dickson? Everything.

He should be playing.

Experience could be critical for the next few seasons. Dickson is as good as he is going to get.

What does he do worse than Dickson?  Nothing.  What does he have more potential in than Dickson?  Everything.

He should be playing.

I would like to see him catch more balls. But I do not think he is a better blocker than Dickson. Honestly go 2 WRs 3 TEs on 3rd down. 

I would like to see him catch more balls. But I do not think he is a better blocker than Dickson. Honestly go 2 WRs 3 TEs on 3rd down.

A brick is a better blocker than Dickson. Even if Williams is a worse blocker, it can't be by much. He is a better pass catcher too. I'm using sort of a cumulative judging system.

His pass catching eclipses his bad blocking. Ed Dickson's doesn't.

Gano is the only guy on that list I would consider essential.  Kalil used to be, but I have no idea what has happened to him...

The rest are role players who haven't proven themselves, at least consistently yet, and could be replaced.

I'm just naming off the impact players that you build around.  We're not building a team around Kony Ealy...  Those are the type of guys you add to your core, IF THEY PAN OUT.

lol and you think Swole is a core piece?  

ealy is a 2nd round pick, here better be around for a few years 

Archived