• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Magic @ Hornets 12/27

Omega Atrocity

You're the guy that looks and sees that Al was 1st team All-NBA and therefore he must be kept rather than seeing Orlando absolutely owned the paint because Al can't play defense and no longer has McBob to bail him out on that end.

He has always been the same player offensively, but there's a reason this is his fourth team in his career.

He is in a contract year and the most wins a team has had with him on it is 47. That was his rookie season. Do we really want to invest in him for what he will command? Utah and Minnesota did not. Think about that. UTAH AND MINNESOTA.

He has to score 20 a night to at least be a zero in plus minus. He did that last year. He will not do that again in his career.

Management that doesn't look at the entire scope of the players on their roster is how you wind up with the Hurney-era Panthers.

Why do you think I care about him being 1st team All-NBA?

If we trade Al, so be it, few players on this team should be safe. That's not my point.

The simple fact is, no trade right now will make Clifford a better head coach. It starts at the top.

First Lance was the scapegoat, and now that he's out and we're still getting our asses kicked, it's Al? Clifford is a poo coach. When you guys realize this and stop blaming a new player every week, you'll understand.

Red, you won't get an argument with me about Clifford this season... He was a breath of fresh air last season but he is fuging up this season.

But are you saying Lance isn't a problem? Are you saying Lance would work with this roster even with a different coach?

Lance isn't a scapegoat, he is a bad fit.

AL works, but I'm saying if there is a younger big man out there, and we could get him plus picks, then go do it. AL gives up so much defensively it almost negates what he brings offensively. Now, maybe Clifford could do more to mask it, which it seems like he did last season, but some of it is just flat out lack of effort, and that is what I'm tired of. There are numerous plays a game that he just doesn't even try, and that's not okay.

I'd rather bring in Greg Monroe and see what we can do with that...

Red, you won't get an argument with me about Clifford this season... He was a breath of fresh air last season but he is fuging up this season.

But are you saying Lance isn't a problem? Are you saying Lance would work with this roster even with a different coach?

AL works, but I'm saying if there is a younger big man out there, and we could get him plus picks, then go do it. AL gives up so much defensively it almost negates what he brings offensively. Now, maybe Clifford could do more to mask it, which it seems like he did last season, but some of it is just flat out lack of effort, and that is what I'm tired of. There are numerous plays a game that he just doesn't even try, and that's not okay.

I don't know about Lance, I think he's talented, but he seems to be his own worst enemy.

Was he one of the problems? Sure. Our main problem? Clearly not.

At this point I just worry about mortgaging more of our future for right now if we don't have the right head coach.

Why do you think I care about him being 1st team All-NBA?

If we trade Al, so be it, few players on this team should be safe. That's not my point.

The simple fact is, no trade right now will make Clifford a better head coach. It starts at the top.

If you really wanted to start at the top, start with the guy building the roster.

Kemba had 42 points and we lost to the Orlando magic. Why? We have needed a wing scoring upgrade ever since Gerald plateaued and it continues to be a need to this day.

All I'm saying is your anger is misplaced. Clifford is fine, but it's like blaming Gus Bradley for not winning with the Jaguars.

If you really wanted to start at the top, start with the guy building the roster.

Kemba had 42 points and we lost to the Orlando magic. Why? We have needed a wing scoring upgrade ever since Gerald plateaued and it continues to be a need to this day.

All I'm saying is your anger is misplaced. Clifford is fine, but it's like blaming Gus Bradley for not winning with the Jaguars.

Is Cho the one pissing away all these games in the 4th quarter because he still can't figure out his own lineup?

Sure Cho is not absolved of blame by any means. But saying Clifford is "fine" is a bit of a stretch. Guess we disagree.

The man that masked Al's deficiencies is now out for the year in Miami.

You can only do so much as a coach when your post defense is Marvin and Al.

I'll grant you that it took Clifford too long to figure out that Lance and Marvin weren't starter material (even though Cho signed them to start) but the rotations have been fixed for awhile and they still aren't beating teams we should beat.

There's only so much he can do.

Didn't get to watch the game but judging on the box score:

-man where are those Kemba haters now?

-Did Gerald Henderson rise from the dead? Where was he for the first 25 games of the season?

-A lot of our other guys sucked

-Why can't we see Vonleh and Jeff Taylor?

Didn't get to watch the game but judging on the box score:

-man where are those Kemba haters now?

-Did Gerald Henderson rise from the dead? Where was he for the first 25 games of the season?

-A lot of our other guys sucked

-Why can't we see Vonleh and Jeff Taylor?

To answer the fourth one, both of those guys missed the entire preseason and are probably not up to speed.

You'll never guess what one of the knocks on Vonleh was :)

Well of course it is..he was not shy in summer league however.

alonzo Mourning was suprisingly Mega Alpha and refused to defer to LJ and Kendall Gill who were the established scorers before he got there.

Point being Zo kinda deferred in college and was a suprisingly agressive offensive player in the NBA....so maybe so with Noah?!

We need alpha players who can finish above the rim.

Archived