• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Either Fox/the OC are dumb, or Jarett is even dumber

top dawg

People are saying that he can't get open, but I don't know. I think that this may just be a reason that people are giving because of being confused by his disappearance (whether it be on him, or the coaches).

The fact is he is Big and slow..... With that out of the way look how Moose uses his body to out muscle defenders and then watch Jerrett let the defenders get great pos on him. He has never used his body like he should and he is not using it now. Aggressiveness cant be taught. You ether got it or you dont. Good WRs always find ways of getting the ball. You cant blame it all on the coaching staff. Just look at Moore and Barndge. They both started out with the 3rd string and have worked there way up with the ones.

The fact is he is Big and slow..... With that out of the way look how Moose uses his body to out muscle defenders and then watch Jerrett let the defenders get great pos on him. He has never used his body like he should and he is not using it now. Aggressiveness cant be taught. You ether got it or you dont. Good WRs always find ways of getting the ball. You cant blame it all on the coaching staff. Just look at Moore and Barndge. They both started out with the 3rd string and have worked there way up with the ones.

Thanks. I'll be looking for that (if Jarrett gets in the flow of the game). It's just frustrating is all. I saw the guy make some good catches last year, as did Rosario when Smith was out), and for the first couple of games haven't seen anything. I put Rosario's falloff squarely on the coaches, but with Jarrett I am not as sure.

Thanks. I'll be looking for that (if Jarrett gets in the flow of the game). It's just frustrating is all. I saw the guy make some good catches last year, as did Rosario when Smith was out), and for the first couple of games haven't seen anything. I put Rosario's falloff squarely on the coaches, but with Jarrett I am not as sure.

Rosario lost his spot last year cause of missed blocks and dropped balls. He had one good game then fell off badly. This year he was beat out by Barnidge but he seemed to have beat out King to my surprise. King has really fell out of favor with the coaches here.

Rosario lost his spot last year cause of missed blocks and dropped balls. He had one good game then fell off badly. This year he was beat out by Barnidge but he seemed to have beat out King to my surprise. King has really fell out of favor with the coaches here.

Its not really that, its just that Barnidge and Rosario are better receiving TE. King cant help that he's slow. But he can catch and can block. So we're a run first team and he's going to be a part of our offense. But the league has caught onto that and may be stacking the box this year because we havent went out and got a big name receiver to compliment Steve. So what do we do, we put Barnidge/Rosario in there who might fool some defenders and linebackers who can run down the field and catch

I liked what I saw on our 2nd drive

before we say he is a bust, didnt anybody stop to check how many passes even went his way? the ones i remember went over his head and one was short of the first down. it is funny how we expect him to make plays w/o the ball in his hand or even his vicinity.

also his skill set is more like a larry fitzgerald type. he may not get seperation but he catches anything near him. he is NOT steve smith, he doesnt have he speed but can outjump dbs for the ball. that is how we should use him. i would like to see him used on slants more and at least feature him in the GAME! how can we found out if he is good if we dont throw barely any passes

People are saying that he can't get open, but I don't know. I think that this may just be a reason that people are giving because of being confused by his disappearance (whether it be on him, or the coaches).

the DBs absolutley blanket him. Whenever they show highlights of him during games he is just absolutley dominated. He looks so lethargic in his cuts and just doesn't seem to have it. That's based on what i saw over the last few years.

This year the only play I've seen is his one catch. Wasn't very open on that one either, jake didn't throw the greatest ball though.

I think Jarrett has done ok in the preseason, he's not take'n away Smitty or Mooses job... and does anyone forget his 10 catches last season? Yeah, I know it's small but, he wasn't used much cus we didn't have many sets to use him or need him to catch. Anyway, 9 of those 10 catches were for first downs?

We all know that the Panthers are a Run first team, and well, that means that blocking is needed for WR's too. I dunno who pays attention to that detail much, but maybe that's what they see in him, and that he can help out in a pinch like he did last season?

Who knows they are thinking. But, I'm sure with Robinson come'n back, and Moore being a nice speedy guy... (like Drew Carter was when he wasn't broken or not catching balls) Moore is catching the ball which could help to break the focus on Steve and the RB's if there is actaully another "speedy" deep threat on the field?

Meh... just my observations/thoughts.

Archived