• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jangler

So was it good? A few people i know IRL said it was just OK which is surprising given the fairly positive reviews.

If you don't go into it expecting a new and mind blowing plot, then yeah it's good. It's pretty much the typical action flick with cutting edge animation.

If you have a chance to see it in imax 3d, do it.

Saw it on IMAX 3D on Saturday. It was okay to great depending on the scene. Pandora's beautiful to look at but I got bored with it by the latter half of the movie.

The plot was overly simple and predictable but then again, no one seems to care about that anymore (see Transformers 2).

The movie got the visuals right but it didn't have the human touch.

The movie is pretty much any native american "the last of the mochicans(sp?)" style movie. But it's much harder to feel compassion for the animated figures. The visuals are insanely good and the epic scale of the story eventually won me over, but only just. It's a good movie but nothing that will be remembered.

The story reminded me most of Dances With Wolves, but I can see the Last Samurai and Fern Gully influences in it as well. I thought it was a great movie. Not going to win any Oscars for screenwriting or acting, but it was a really fun, epic movie with amazing effects and I think that's the point of most of James Cameron's films.

The story reminded me most of Dances With Wolves, but I can see the Last Samurai and Fern Gully influences in it as well. I thought it was a great movie. Not going to win any Oscars for screenwriting or acting, but it was a really fun, epic movie with amazing effects and I think that's the point of most of James Cameron's films.

If you watch southpark they claimed that Avatar was based off of a book called "Dances with Smurfs". It was a pretty funny episode.

It was a game changer IMO. Years from now we will tell our grandkids we saw this movie in the theatre.

I echo pretty much all that's been said. The plot was about as basic it gets, which was proly on purpose given the money and focus to everything else.

The visuals were amazing and man those war ships were something else. That main Dragon ship was bad to the bone.

It was a game changer IMO. Years from now we will tell our grandkids we saw this movie in the theatre.

I echo pretty much all that's been said. The plot was about as basic it gets, which was proly on purpose given the money and focus to everything else.

The visuals were amazing and man those war ships were something else. That main Dragon ship was bad to the bone.

too bad this movie will be far less impressive when it hits blu ray. It's just one of those you HAVE to go see in Imax and then never see again.

Archived