• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith attempted to fight Jermaine Wiggins after loss?

countryboi

Another interesting note about 2004:

Keary Colbert's stats with Moose in his rookie year (Smitty was on IR after week 1)?

47 REC, 754 YDS, 5 TDS

He never had more than around 300 YDS and a few TDS playing with Smitty after that season. I bet Keary still trembles when he sees the number 89.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he only got that production because Smith was out.

The limb is the size of a bus.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he only got that production because Smith was out.

The limb is the size of a bus.

That is true. But the point I was trying to make was, in the 3 years after that season, Colbert could never build on that good rookie season where he flashed potential to be a #2 WR. Why couldn't he produce after Moose left?

I'll go out on a limb and say at least part of it was the disconnect Smitty maintained with the WR corps not named Muhammad or Proehl.

I would love to pay him 10 mil next season.

Thats weakening the team right there..

i don't know why people even bother with the locker room cancer poo.  i mean there's some smoke there and jeremy has made a comment or two but it's not like you can post an article where armanti edwards or david gettis or someone who has no reason to lie outright says "steve was a toxic shitbag and we all hated him".

his cap figure was reason enough to cut him.  he would have counted $7 million against the cap this season.  i read on overthecap that even if he retired right after 2014 like he said he would the panthers would still be on the hook for $6 million at the bare minimum too.  it would likely be more depending on how the finer details of his restructure in 2012 shook out.

then of course you'd have to consider the effects of him possibly hemming and hawing over whether he'd be back in 2015 which would make the list of needs going in to free agency and the draft fuzzier and harder to plan for.

Archived