• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So is the coaching staff here to stay?

KillerKat

Yeah it's my bet that Pastor Bill is here for the long hall.

He's finally installed his system and has the players playing his system. My bet is that in free agency we'll see more "hard worker/medium skill" type signings than "high skill/average worker" type players.

Steve Smith also has the PK and defense playing at a high level.

Wardo and Dobby look good under coach Dan and Brindy has made us into one of the top face off teams in the league.

What I'm worried about is that we push so hard that we don't get McDavid, Eichel, Strome, or Hanifin, and we end up starting the season off slow again next year.

I sure as hell hope so. we have a talent deficit on this team, or at least we did for most of the first half, but they were a tough out every night. had a lot of trouble scoring goals, and had a lot of 1 goal losses. they look a lot more in control than I've seen a canes team play in a long time. this staff can make a legit contender.

You guys make the coaching staff of one of the worst teams in the league sound way better than what their record indicates. Why is there such disconnect? I think if they were that good, they'd at least have a middle of the pack record.

It took him a while to install his system but once the players bought in the team as a whole has performed well.

The team has played really well since Christmas and since Jordan Staal came back.

• 2 months later...

Ok well it looked like they were getting hot then went right back to sucking. Are they still safe?

I think he gets one more season, if the team isn't in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline next season, you'll see a full on fire sale and the team will decided to start over with a new era. not involving the Staals. 

I think he gets one more season, if the team isn't in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline next season, you'll see a full on fire sale and the team will decided to start over with a new era. not involving the Staals. 

With Eichel and McDavid in the draft, that's what should have happened THIS season, but the Canes managed to play their way right out of striking distance.

Archived