• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Football Spot's FA prospects for Panthers & some of my own thoughts

top dawg

Plenty of cheap WRs coming off injuries but have had good production in the past. I have a feeling we will sign at least one of these WRs. I would love for us to sign maclin but idk if we have the cash.

I wouldn't be opposed to Dickson being resigned as he actually could be a threat when he isn't having to bail out the o-line. Jordan Cameron would be a dream back up TE but probably will want a starting gig somewhere.

Having seen my fair share of Ravens games living in Maryland for the last several seasons, I gotta say that Torrey Smith reminds me a lot of Kelvin Benjamin in that he is incredibly inconsistent with his ability to catch the ball.  He'll make a spectacular circus catch one play and have a ball bounce off his face mask on the next one.  We really need someone with reliable hands.

No safeties. .

Searcy from Buffalo wouldn't be a bad shout. Ties to the area may make it possible.

I'd be shocked if the Ravens let Smith walk, that's the thing too, most of the good ones aren't let go. Its only when they are cap strapped and can't afford it. DeShaun Jackson last year would have been perfect.

Crabtree could be interesting but we need to beat Seattle if were gonna win the big one. That's the great thing about Benji, arguably had his best games against Seattle.

Bulaga comes with a huge buyer beware, had major injuries the previous two years with ACL and the dreaded OLine hip injury.

Jordan is a pipe dream. He's a pro bowl level TE, he'd want to be the #1 TE and Olsen is our guy. I expect him to be retained in Cleve anyway. He's one of their best players if not best.

Having seen my fair share of Ravens games living in Maryland for the last several seasons, I gotta say that Torrey Smith reminds me a lot of Kelvin Benjamin in that he is incredibly inconsistent with his ability to catch the ball.  He'll make a spectacular circus catch one play and have a ball bounce off his face mask on the next one.  We really need someone with reliable hands.

Thats fine, he's in his prime and has the speed we really need.  Reliable hands gets you Avant.  Both speed and hands might be out of our price point.

Searcy from Buffalo wouldn't be a bad shout. Ties to the area may make it possible.

I'd be shocked if the Ravens let Smith walk, that's the thing too, most of the good ones aren't let go. Its only when they are cap strapped and can't afford it. DeShaun Jackson last year would have been perfect.

Crabtree could be interesting but we need to beat Seattle if were gonna win the big one. That's the great thing about Benji, arguably had his best games against Seattle.

Bulaga comes with a huge buyer beware, had major injuries the previous two years with ACL and the dreaded OLine hip injury.

Jordan is a pipe dream. He's a pro bowl level TE, he'd want to be the #1 TE and Olsen is our guy. I expect him to be retained in Cleve anyway. He's one of their best players if not best.

Cameron's already turned down 6-8 a year from the Browns. Everyone feels like he wants out. But there's also a great chance he signs with a West coast team to be closer to his son. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs somewhere else for less than the Browns offer.

I'm starting to want to sign Derek Newton. He can run block very well which is what we need and play multiple positions. I don't know if he can play LT but I don't see why not. I honestly would like to see Reamers as our RT but if we sign a FA or draft a RT then we would actually have solid depth at tackle. There isn't a lot of talent at tackle in free agency so we could end up over paying but I trust Gettleman to get the job done.

Id take a practice squad LT from the any NFL team to start, instead of another year of BB at LT or even the possibility of him being a backup, because it'd be our luck the first person we pick, gets injured for the year and BB STILL gets to start again.

...Why? Spend little money, extreme low risk high reward. Draft a wideout in the 2nd. Can't see us spending the money it'd take to get Cobb.

And I hated UNC with a passion when Nicks was here. Just because I'm a student now doesn't change certain things (Tyler Hansbrough still sucks).

So...an older WR that doesn't play special teams, and has no speed.....yes, this is precisely what this team needs.

Archived