• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Blue Chip" players

tim

Interesting that our blue chips are spread out over every level of the offense and defense. We're the only team with a blue chip in each level of defense (D-line, LBers, secondary) and offense (O-line, Wr, backfield). Can't agree with him on the Lewis as an almost blue chip though, the guy is just average as a 3 down player.

Interesting that our blue chips are spread out over every level of the offense and defense. We're the only team with a blue chip in each level of defense (D-line, LBers, secondary) and offense (O-line, Wr, backfield). Can't agree with him on the Lewis as an almost blue chip though, the guy is just average as a 3 down player.

I agree with you there. I also agree with Gantt that I would put Davis in the almost blue-chipper group. I would probably put Godfrey in the almost blue-chipper group instead of the blue-chipper. He is a really good corner, but how many games has he changed the outcome of?

I agree with you there. I also agree with Gantt that I would put Davis in the almost blue-chipper group. I would probably put Godfrey in the almost blue-chipper group instead of the blue-chipper. He is a really good corner, but how many games has he changed the outcome of?

in his earlier years he iced a lot of games but wasn't as good of a corner. Teams wern't scared of him and he got a lot of picks because of that.

Now he holds down one side of the field down and still gets a few throws but teams definatley respect him.

you mean gamble?

Not really a positive IMO

It's just like playing RISK.

strong armies are nice to have but if they are not spread evenly or are scattered it's hard to gain ground without a master strategist and even then it's pretty tough.

Whereas if you concentrate your big armies in one area you can strategize, slow-play, and really become a force by playing to your strengths.

having a blue chip at every level seems nice but can be a negative if your "holes" are exploited and the blue chips (big armies) exhaust too much of the finite resources.

Archived