• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bargain Free Agent: WR Denarius Moore

gettlemanjack

The majority of the world picked RG3 over Cam before RG3 was injured, and some picked Tannehill also. If you look at their statistics and ratings, you might be surprised at how relatively close they are on many points. Of course Cam has played one more season than both, but look at the averages and ratings. Stop being such a Homer. Everyone is not a Panthers fan and doesn't see things through Cam colored glasses. I am one of Cam's most ardent supporters---Cam as a QB and a person---and have been, but he's not perfect and hasn't pulled himself from the pack quite yet. Hopefully once he gets more weapons, including a guy like Denarius Moore, hopefully he will ascend to the pedestal that many of us believe that he is capable of. Hell, maybe he---along with Proel and Rivera---can help Moore to reach his potential as opposed to being blackballed by idiots and playing within a dysfunctional, disjointed franchise.

As for trying to knock Polian's career, have at it. It still won't change the fact that he is in the Hall of Fame. Obviously someone cares what he thinks.

Football may have the most lax Hall of Fame standards of the major pro sports-Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning will get you in. The man was fired from his last GM job.

FYI I'm a Tennessee alum and recruiting nut and have likely been following Moore longer than you. I remember UT only offering Moore to get his more highly regarded teammate, a bust named Lennon Creer. I like Moore.

And Cam, obviously, has the best resume and skill set of a 25 year old in team sports history, and has yet to reach his prime or even close to it.

racerelations.net Phillip McCullough @racerelations1

2h

@ DenariusMoore I haven't tweeted you in a long while, but I

haven't forgotten about you. Come play with the @Panthers &

@CameronNewton .

racerelations.net Phillip McCullough @racerelations1

2h

@ DenariusMoore Come to the @Panthers that want you, not to

the team that you want to go. :) At least let your agent put

irons in the fire

@ DenariusMoore Come to the @Panthers that want you, not to

the team that you want to go. :) At least let your agent put

irons in the fire

Funny guy! 

BTW, Moore retweeted a Snoop tweet that said "Come to the School that wants you, not the school that you want to go to."  That was the correlation.

Here is something from David Newton's Panther mailbag. 

@DNewtonespn

What position (not a player currently on the team) do you see the Panthers spending the most in free agency? 

#PanthersMailbag

- Grant Hughes (@KenjonVander) 

March 5, 2015

@DNewtonESPN: Interesting. The obvious choice would be a left tackle if there was one worth spending on. There's not. Potentially a pass-rushing defensive end, but the Panthers already have a full plate in Kony EalyMario AddisonWes Horton and Frank Alexander to play opposite Charles Johnson. That brings us to a wide receiver or cornerback. There are several strong candidates for both that could cost in the $4 million to $8 million range. At wide receiver there's Philadelphia's Jeremy Maclin, Oakland's Denarius Moore and Baltimore's Torrey Smith. At cornerback there's Seattle's Byron Maxwell and a few others who could fall into that mix. I don't think you'll actually see the Panthers spend a ton on one player, but if they do I'd say at one of those two positions.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/12544/panthers-mailbag-where-should-carolina-spend-big-money-in-free-agency

Archived