• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB Considered "Best WR to Come Out since Calvin Johnson."

nctarheel0619

How do I "hate" him?

I have conceded that I would not risk a 1st or 2nd round pick on him in this thread but also conceded he'd be a heckuva deal with anything lower and I wouldn't be against that.

How is that "hate"?

Or is your definition of "hate" = "disagrees with me"?

Another red herring. You already know that's just a figure of speech.

You have said a little more than that. Even still, sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. And sometimes it's saying something without really saying it.

How do I "hate" him?

I have conceded that I would not risk a 1st or 2nd round pick on him in this thread but also conceded he'd be a heckuva deal with anything lower and I wouldn't be against that.

How is that "hate"?

Or is your definition of "hate" = "disagrees with me"?

On this forum, anything short of "I would trade all my draft picks for him and pay him a bazillion dollars" is interpreted as personal hatred.

Because I don't believe for a moment that he 'hates' Green-Beckham.

Just like you aren't in love with the idea of the Panthers drafting this guy, neither is Tiger, but there is no reason to reach for weak reasons to knock the guy who has already admitted to his own mistakes, and by all accounts has done the right things for the past few months to leave his past behind. The implication that he is out of shape, and not just adding muscle and bulk, is really unfounded at this point (before he actually competes no less). This does not bespeak "hate" in the literal sense of the word, but does connote a certain amount of disdain, or unfairness at the very least.

Moreover, this is the second time this week that I have "chided" you for using hyperbole to support a largely overblown concept; first that the scope of DGB only relates to business, and the second being that the Huddle is rampant with members that think only in what I will call "hyperbolic extremes". Sure, some may, but I don't believe that it happens as much as you perhaps believe (or would like others think that you believe in order to "clown" someone), and it's certainly not true in my case.

Archived