• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alien sequel - confirmed - Neill Blomkamp

dos poptarts

well if Neill's concept art is any indication, he's going to disregard Alien 3 & 4. I'd like to see Hicks, Newt, Bishop, and Ripley back together again. Ridley Scott as the producer is probably for name only. Doubt Ridley is getting any allowed to make any decisions after the Prometheus debacle.

Eight days ago, "District 9" director Neill Blomkamp said that 20th Century Fox would make an "Alien" sequel with him "tomorrow." Turns out he was just one week off. On Wednesday, Blomkamp announced via Instagram that his "Alien" sequel was officially in the work. Fox will release the film, with original "Alien" director Ridley Scott acting as producer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/18/neill-blomkamp-alien-sequel_n_6709806.html

Concept art linky:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/02/neill-blomkamp-secret-alien-project_n_6407836.html

She looked pretty spry on the SNL show Sunday night.

I got to show ALIEN to my wife a number of weeks back, she had thought she had seen it but it turns out she saw the first sequel. She's a big horror fan and ended up loving it. I was reminded about how the effects work was actually the pinnacle (along with Flash Gordon the next year) of the British special effects efforts. The design, construction and filming of the refinery, the Nostromo, and the Narcussius were direct descendants of the old Gerry Anderson TV shows and the Bond movies and were brilliant - they hold up really well even today. Aliens was a far more exciting movie, and the mechanical effects like costuming and sets were far superior but the special effects were not nearly as good (albeit they had a LOT more to show).

But Sigourney Weaver was excellent in both of them. Her character was world weary but optimistic which made her a great character for all the other people to interact with and play off of. She made Paul Reiser look like a real actor a few times even...

She looked pretty spry on the SNL show Sunday night.

I got to show ALIEN to my wife a number of weeks back, she had thought she had seen it but it turns out she saw the first sequel. She's a big horror fan and ended up loving it. I was reminded about how the effects work was actually the pinnacle (along with Flash Gordon the next year) of the British special effects efforts. The design, construction and filming of the refinery, the Nostromo, and the Narcussius were direct descendants of the old Gerry Anderson TV shows and the Bond movies and were brilliant - they hold up really well even today. Aliens was a far more exciting movie, and the mechanical effects like costuming and sets were far superior but the special effects were not nearly as good (albeit they had a LOT more to show).

But Sigourney Weaver was excellent in both of them. Her character was world weary but optimistic which made her a great character for all the other people to interact with and play off of. She made Paul Reiser look like a real actor a few times even...

Sigourney stole the performances each time. She owns the screen whenever she's shown. I remember her being nominated for best actress Oscar for '86 for Aliens. Has a sci-fi actor/actress ever won?

My wife loves the Alien franchise as well. Films with strong female leads.

My opinion is that both Alien and Aliens are pretty much flawless in their set designs/sfx/sound. The projection(?) screen shots in Aliens stick out, but it was mid 80s, I'm not complaining. You could release each film as is and it would look better than alot of films now. (much like Jurassic Park and Blade Runner)

well if Neill's concept art is any indication, he's going to disregard Alien 3 & 4. I'd like to see Hicks, Newt, Bishop, and Ripley back together again. Ridley Scott as the producer is probably for name only. Doubt Ridley is getting any allowed to make any decisions after the Prometheus debacle.

Concept art linky:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/02/neill-blomkamp-secret-alien-project_n_6407836.html

...ummm...I liked Promethus.

Not really.

Prometheus had some good ideas but the writing truly killed the film's potential. That, and the casting was poo (outside Fassbender, Ibra and Theron).

Co-Writer : Damon Lindelof (nothing from this guy is going to make sense). After making the last season of "Lost" a mess, he then gets the job to co-write Prometheus. That's when I held back my expectations. And he keeps getting jobs.

The plot assembles the "top" scientific minds and you have a geologist who gets lost and he has the mapping robots, because dammit the script needs him to not get back to Prometheus.

Archived