• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL VP: Changing PI to 15-yard penalty a possibility

SgtJoo

Yeah I do watch college football.

And I have never seen intentional fouling like you see in basketball, which is what you said would happen on page one.

How exactly would you know it was intentional? My god some of you just don't have a clue.

"Don't you dare touch those precious little WR bastards too far down the field,  if you do it should essentially be an automatic TD from the 1yard line".

^that is what I see when I see people supporting how DPI's currently work in the NFL.

I'm tired of seeing games being decided on penalties that essentially lead to automatic TDs.        If the refs were uniform in their opinions and their reffing styles,  then it wouldn't be so bad..  but they are so damn fickle.  One ref group may allow a physical match-up between db and wr..  another ref group may throw a flag as soon as a db lightly touches a WR.     Another ref group may only see the pi's of one team while ignoring them of other teams.    Some refs seem ignorant to the concept of OPI.

This is a good change if it goes through.     It would put some of the flavor back in defenses.  Let them be a little more physical.   a 15 yard penalty for DPI is still 15 yards down the field for an offense and a new set of downs.   Will make offenses have to work harder.   

Worth noting that this is being proposed by Troy Vincent.

For those who don't remember Vincent as a player, you might wanna take a moment to look up what position he played.

Considering the position he played, I can understand finally having one advocate on the rules committee that isn't kicking around that particular position anymore.  :P

Archived