• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two Trades Today: Tlusty to the Jets, Sekera to the Kings

Jakob

We could easily end up with the #2 pick.

Nope.  This team is finally rallying around Peters, they are going to play well down the stretch.  Watch, Semin will turn it on in the month of March.

Disclaimer:  Never had a dog in the fight when it comes to tanking, BUT...when there are two prospects this strong...I am heavily FOR it.

Nope.  This team is finally rallying around Peters, they are going to play well down the stretch.  Watch, Semin will turn it on in the month of March.

Disclaimer:  Never had a dog in the fight when it comes to tanking, BUT...when there are two prospects this strong...I am heavily FOR it.

It's the Carolina way to play hard when it doesn't matter.

Nope. This team is finally rallying around Peters, they are going to play well down the stretch. Watch, Semin will turn it on in the month of March.

Disclaimer: Never had a dog in the fight when it comes to tanking, BUT...when there are two prospects this strong...I am heavily FOR it.

isn't it a good thing that they are playing well in Peters' system? They're playing playoff calibre hockey, and have been for a while now. they look much better as a team then Ive seen them play in years. more young blood is a good thing. future looks bright for the canes. finally have a decent coach.

Canes still trying to trade Gleason, McClement, and Dwyer.

Get ready for a longggggg rebuild.

Some rumors out there that Skinner might be traded to along with the above. 

As for the two Staal's, maybe this upcoming off season, but I doubt it. I think during next season's trade deadline, unless the team performs well with them. 

I really hope Francis knows what he's doing.  I didn't care for the Tlusty trade but the Sekera trade made up for it.  With the addition of Fleury in the draft and McKeown in the Sekera trade, Francis is taking a "rebuild from the back, forward" approach.  Which is fine.  Rutherford started this whole "youth movement" that never seemed to pan out.  While I don't mind developing young players, it'd be nice to have someone come in like Skinner did his first season and produce.  Our biggest issue is goal scoring.  We throw a lot of rubber at the net every night and we need some folks who can find the back of it.

Archived